Headlamp misalignment

ocrp

Just had the car back from the (non-dealer) service today, and they have changed a burned out low beam headlamp bulb.

When I was out tonight, I noticed that where the beams hit the road, the replacement was shining about 15cm lower than the other one. confused.gif

Is this easy to rectify, or will I have to go back in?

It is amazing that a garage that does MOT's, will fit parts guaranteed to fail it.

Spent a fair amount of time messing with my headlights and bulbs. I would check to see if they have pushed the reflector plate off its motor adjustment spindle. This can happen if you dont remove all the parts to make access easy.

I did this with mine and it end up aiming at the ground, try the electric adjustment see if it lifts. If it doesn't then it come off the spindle. I never got mine back on to the spindle, ended up paying £130 for a new headlight from VW.

You have to remove the centre grill, the bumper outer cover etc etc. Quiet a job!!

New headlight looks really nice, but its made the other one look crap and yellow smile.gif .Now i am going to fit a new headlight to the other side as well

I could be on the wrong lines, let us know what you find

Checked the adjustment and it still works so it must be something else. Maybe the bulb isn't sitting straight. I called them today to let them know that it has come to my attention, as I can only go in next week, and you know how these guys have a selective memory...