A4 used stock levels

Oreokid

i ad been keeping my eye on a nice A4 s-line in basinstoke it had been on-line with 11 other s-lines since at least april then in the space of 1 night the stock level droped to 4! does anybody know if they just had a really busy day or if somthing else has happened eg an audi auction?

About this time of year dealers tend to wholesale (auction) vehicles that have been in inventory for over a specific amount of days. It costs them money (or interest on the Audi FS loans) to own (floorplan) the cars which are depreciating daily too, and year end financials are coming soon, so best to drop old inventory before you have to report it.

Unsold inventory also affects your 'turn rate' I believe. If you sell your entire inventory, then Audi will give you more cars (this includes pre owned). It also gets you little bonuses like RS4's to sell and cash to do up the dealership.

An Auctioned car is still a sold car when reporting to HQ..... ices_blah.gif

I was sent some literature yesterday from the local dealer offering large discounts (around 9%) on new unregistered s-line saloons and avants as long as they were registered and 'delivered' before 31st December. It appears they're trying to reduce their stock before the end of the year.