Order for MK5 GTi Number 2...

dmg11eng

Its time to order my next car for delivery March/April time.

I ran a MK5 GTi DSG for 5 months, now have an A3 TDi Quattro, for the winter.

I have the option of another GTi, considering a Manual 3dr, in Silver(must be metallic), with Leather, 18's, Soundpack, Arm-Rest, Cruise, Phone Prep & Multi-Finction Wheel (Does this include Highline?)

Car will only be run until Sept, so am over looking options such as Winter Pack, Xenons, Auto Dimming Mirrors etc...

Opinnions please........

As you already have real-world experience of running a Mk5 GTI isn't it fairly clear what spec you would like in another one?

I don't think that Xenons are a Winter-only feature....They are awesome and make any night driving much more enjoyable. Likewise auto-dimming mirrors. MFSW doesn't necessarily include the Highline (at least it didn't when I ordered mine).

Jax

I thought I would try the Manual, I really enjoyed the DSG, but seeing as I have the opportunity to try the manual and only have to keep for 6000 miles, why not......

Red

I'm not lowering any spec I had, just simply adding to it and looking for opinnions of the new features I'm considering, i.e. are they worth the cost, Soundpack, MFSW etc.... Plus I had a red one, but now have to have a metallic colour and not seen many in the flesh to see how the different colours set the car off.

Colour wise i say its a personal thing.

I simply don't like the look of this new silver colour it does not have what i would call a mirror finish and just does not look right especially when i parked it next to my silver mk1. I was originally going to get a silver one but changed my mind when i parked the two cars side by side. I simply did not like the way the paint looked on the mk5.

I went for shadow blue in the end as it had the deep paint finsh i was after and too me looked more upmarket also it looked totally different in the flesh to any photos i have ever seen of it and even looks different in different intesity of light. The only other metallic/pearl colour i quite liked was the graphite blue,

I think the best colour is Metallic Black but then I am biased. I will say though that I dislike the silver, I think it looks cheap and from a distance makes the car look like any other golf. I also dislike that Graphite Blue colour, you know the one that isn't quite Blue and isn't grey either. Either have Grey or Blue, not the wishy washy colour inbetween.

Each to their own. I have seen GTi's in all colours and my favourites are black, white, and steel grey.

Ooooh....Jen is back!! You want to come and ride my quads again? wink.gif

I couldn't agree more with you (Jen) about the Graphite Blue (though I haven't seen one in the flesh) - It's neither one thing or another. Steel Grey is far better than you might imagine when in the flesh and even looks okay when filthy - You should have seen Jay's the other day!!!! AndyW, it's time you told Jay a thing or two!