New R - photos ?

rs32

Anyone taken or have access to pics of the new R in either Steel Grey (have seen the frankfurt motorshow ones) or Shadow Blue ?

Any images would be much appreciated as I'm stuck between the 2. Have 10 days left to change my order!

Thanks in advance

Richard.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks to all - some good pics. 169144-ok.gif

now I like all 3 colours - arrgghhhh !!!

my thoughts -

grey - solid but maybe a bit bland

shadow - good stealth colour

dbp - very nice, will be popular as it's the "proper" colour for this car

btw I have ordered the 5 door - am leaning towards shadow blue.

any opinions ?

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Hixster.

Thats the one I am driving tomorrow. It looks really good in the flesh, even the front. 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mate, yeah I totally agree, I've posted this elsewhere, but I think the car looks great in the flesh. I tested it last Saturday, it's the b***ocks!! Have you heard it yet?? If not make sure you stand outside the car while the sale guys starts it up, it'll put a smile on yer face 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Nice of VW to leave enough of a gap for milltek to work its magic

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope Milltek do for the R32 what they've done for the Mk5 GTI - quad pipes - one pair on each side (i.e. not in the centre). It'll need an aftermarket replacement rear valance, but those twin centre pipes are just a bit too Clio/Chav for me...

Agree on that Snoopy - can't remember what the exact colour was, but there were two dark blue pearlescent R32s at the Tuner GP where we had the R32 Summer meet earlier this year. In a photo, they just look dark blue or even black, but in "real life" they just look absolutely superb.

The only problem I have with dark blue VWs is the fact that VW still insist on using a light grey primer, so stone chips show up something rotten. Not a problem with a low miler, but I'm on the motorway a lot of the time... ROLLEY~14.GIF