[Audi A3/S3] A3 Sportback 3.2 DSG Sport or MKV R32 5dr DSG??

Heppubansan

I'm sure some guys on here have had driven or owned both and will set you on the straight and narrow. I think from what I've heard etc. the Golf will have a more sporty feel and possibly might be a tad quicker(?), but the Audi is more of a classy motor. Depends what your looking for I guess. I'd personaly always choose an Audi over a VW but again, it's all down to personal taste. Anyway, both nice cars. Nice dilemma to be in! Which ever you choose you're getting a sweet motor. 169144-ok.gif

The Sportback will give you more space. The performance of them both won't be that much difference. The R32 will probably feel more sporty than the A3 as its meant to have a fairly hard ride.

The A3 could be a good compromise and you might loose a little less on it over the term especially with the initial discount. I choose the A3 Sportback as I'm not that keen on the look of the golf they just look a little plain some how. I haven't had any issues with mine. If you want a review on it click the link in my Sig. 169144-ok.gif

Oh and report back after you have driven them and let us know what you think. beerchug.gif

Would you apy 32k for a fully spec'd A3 or GolfR32? Although they are similar cars, they appeal to slightly different markets IMO. The Golf could possibly depreciate more, but then again there is quite a long wait on them at the mo i'm told.

Yes there will be bias towards the Audi as quite rightly LeMan pointed this is the Audi section of TSN.

Go drive both and then let your bum dyno do the deciding for you. The A3 is likely to be less harsher ride than the R32, so think longevity of driving not just point to point.

Ill let you guys know how it pans out, I may not go for the larger engine - thinking about it the 2.0T is probably a better bet at the moment. I just wished they made a GTI/A3 witht the 2.0T with 4motion/Quattro and DSG but oh well... So far Ive driven the new Focus, Merc C class (dont ask why...) and the 1 series - so Im going to be using those as my benchmarks. Oh, slightly unrelated, but has anyone had any experience with drivethedeal.com?

Great forum by the way!!! beerchug.gif

All it is is a mock-up of a Mk5 R32 with the upper nose grill blacked up to hide the fussiness and lowered suspension on BBS 19s. The A3 Sportback looks like a heavy estate car without the serious space that a proper estate car offers. But, I love the looks of the Cayenne, so what do I know? It's only my opinion and it means diddlysquat. Tee Hee grin.gif