The TSN Mornington Crescent game...

syeldham

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequence please!

Scroll back and you'll see that Turnham Green was the last legitimate, sequential move - and you won't be getting to Mornington Crescent from there! grin.gif

Anyhow, Ealing Broadway to Mornington Crescent would be a Northern Approach (not allowed under Simple Rules grin.gif) and could possibly considered under Montague's Second Stationary Ruling. So ha!

[ QUOTE ]

Gotcha.

Mornington Crescent!!!!

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ROLLEY~14.GIF There's always one that tries on the rather contentious Hemmelmann Maneuver isn't there? Are we allowing that, given that Charing Cross is wild, so the 11:30am boundary should have applied to all tangential passes from Acton Town?

I suppose we could let you off, given that the cold weather rules extension would apply, and the judgement of the move as used in the 1987 3rd quarter semi-final playoffs could point towards it being in your favour under those circumstances...

Finchley! Don't even get me started on why Finchley wasn't allowed. Its not even a station!

There's Finchley Central, West Finchley, East Finchley and Finchley Road. Each of which would have needed to be considered very carefully.

MrMe its one of the best strategy games you will ever find!

Patently, I'm still waiting tongue.gif

You all seem to have forgotten the invocation of the Stanley-Mattheson by-rule, considered integral after the precedent set in 1994 when Mattheson sought to circumvent the rules by preying on the fact that a number of the players were unfamiliar with them...

It should therefore be noted that all participants in this round are in breach of the 1967 Mornington Accords and play should be restarted from the first move, with play moving in the opposite direction and the game starting with the 3rd player from this round.

Omi, check your references mate (page 2 of my copy). This is a very easy one. This exact situation was addressed back in ’38 with the Van der Booling Clarification. Basically, rulesets or variations cannot be introduced or retrospectively applied once a starting Point of Origin has been declared and accepted. Apparently the game became almost unplayable until that one was officially passed!

I seem to remember the last valid, sequential move was, as Mollox pointed out, Turnham Green.

I guess we must accept the validity of St Pag's adjudication taking us to Ealing Broadway, which means Ritey's move to South Kensington is surely a vertical approach achievable only through the application of Montagu's third stationary rule...

Er...

Oxford Circus

(yes I can grin.gif )