[Audi A3/S3] Tyres, has to be the best............The difinativ

Chillihead

Hi Guys, after recent service needed 2 new tyres. 205/55/r16 etc. Wanted to keep with rears 4 mm on rear 1.8 on front....... Continental sport contact 2, decided on Premium contact after reading reviews on my tyres . com.

Black circles with discount code corpdisc1... @ £160.76 all in

Kwikfit @ £197.50 and BAD the_finger.gif National (who have a price promise) £237.00.

Black circles every time bike.thumb.gif.....

Unless you know otherwise.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Sharky....I know that road sign in your new avatar very well! Watch out for the mobile plods on the A303! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A running joke between a few of us from the A4 Cab meet at Druscillas is that my TomTom got me totally lost and I ended up on the A303 on my way to Andover somehow..

just for your info guys. i appreciate internet is cheaper but with my job it's difficult to know where I am going to be. bought one pirelli three weeks ago when i had a screw in the tyre and couldn't be fixed at kwik fit in se1 cost £156 inclusive. then today i was in lincoln and figured i best get the other rear one done which only cost £98 incl. got the rest balanced out for another £10 at Mr Tyres. It is cheap as chips up north.

[ QUOTE ]

Definately the GSD3's. You won't regret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious as to why, 'cause...

...although they weren't my first choice, the P6000s on the S3 have actually been bloody good VFM for coming up for 10k miles.

OE on the S3 were Bridgestone Potenza RE-040 which were average in terms of grip (although a bit iffy in the wet) and wear (lasting about 8k miles).

These got replaced with Potenza S-03 Pole Positions which were truly superb for grip, wet or dry and also lasted about 8k miles.

When the lease-co's prefered fitters (Kwik-Fit) couldn't get any more S-03s, I settled for Dunlop SP Sports which sucked, big-time. Crappy wet-weather performance, below-par dry performance and trashed the fronts within 5k miles, to boot!

When the P6000s die, I'm tempted to give Goodyear F1 GS-D3s a whirl.