My Mk5 R32 order ... progress

AGK512

Hi all

Just thought I'd give you an update on what I'd been told on the R32 order situation from my dealer. First off I have to say as salesmen go He's a pretty straight talking guy.

When I signed my order a few days ago I had a 31/3/06 sunset clause that I could cancel the order.....today he rang tentitivly to say ..

They will be allocated 5 R32 orders for 2006 One for March build, two for June and Two for September. The VW order system is very tightly controlled and it will be opened for each dealer to place one or two orders at a time. They've not been able to order the March car yet. I said I'd sit with it for now but when order my order slot came (i'm 3rd in queue) if June became august actual delivery (build/delivery month was a bit of a grey area) then that would be seriously stretching it and they'd probably be looking for another buyer.

To be fair to him he was embarrased and just told me the above 'as it is'.

If this reasonable size dealer so with such small allocations there not going to be 10 a penny but I think VW may have shot themselves in the foot that they end up soo rear no one outside TSN will know what one is !

Cheers

Hey MayConvToVW, you and me are really in the same boat. I had the same conversation with Admin at my local dealers and then the saleman himself. Same story, 1 or 2 orders a month , as you know i'm 5th in the Q, how d'you get to 3rd so quick?? 169144-ok.gif But they told me they've ordered 2 already this month, if things go well i can possibly place the order next month or Jan. we'll wait and see.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi hixster.

Nooo it's not one a month at my dealers ... it's five for 2006 full stop

How do we reckon this sqaures with the mk4 drip feed ... 'bout the same ?

[/ QUOTE ]Yup seems about right... VW will open the gates in 2006 no doubt just like the did with the MK4.

Its all hype to give the impression that they are very exclusive and limited blah blah blah....

The MK4 R32 was 500 UK cars.... then that rised to 750 car... in the end i think the figure was nearer to 2000 cars!

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all

Just thought I'd give you an update on what I'd been told on the R32 order situation from my dealer. First off I have to say as salesmen go He's a pretty straight talking guy.

When I signed my order a few days ago I had a 31/3/06 sunset clause that I could cancel the order.....today he rang tentitivly to say ..

They will be allocated 5 R32 orders for 2006 One for March build, two for June and Two for September. The VW order system is very tightly controlled and it will be opened for each dealer to place one or two orders at a time. They've not been able to order the March car yet. I said I'd sit with it for now but when order my order slot came (i'm 3rd in queue) if June became august actual delivery (build/delivery month was a bit of a grey area) then that would be seriously stretching it and they'd probably be looking for another buyer.

To be fair to him he was embarrased and just told me the above 'as it is'.

If this reasonable size dealer so with such small allocations there not going to be 10 a penny but I think VW may have shot themselves in the foot that they end up soo rear no one outside TSN will know what one is !

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well pleased to say I have just had my test drive - it was really wet and the car pulled like it was a dry summers day- most impresive. Ive been told my build date is 3 week in Jan 06 - for early feb delivery, so something is happening over there!