[Audi A3/S3] New S3 details??

Calm Chris

My dealer has confirmed this to me, new S3 will be available from November 2006, and will use the 2.0T engine pushing out 255bhp with the Haldex Quattro system.

That's all the information the dealers have been given. Prices I would imagine will be £27k or thereabouts, but with a decent spec you will be looking at £31k or £32k!

A quick trip to AMD and you could be looking at 300bhp!!

I cannot wait! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Do we have any pictures?

Will the S3 be the flagship A3 model or will it be eclipsed by the 3.2?

Thanks for info, so far!

[/ QUOTE ]

most definately the flagship.

I'm still thinkin' 3.6 TBH

I still can't think of another flagship car that had a smaller capacity to another in the range? (can anyone think of any?!?!) confused.gif

a8 6.0 w12 and s8 5.0 v10

b5 s4 2.7t and a4 2.8

c4 s6 2.2 and a6 2.8

type 44 100 turbo 2.2 and 100 2.3 cd

type 44 200 turbo 2.2 and 200 quattro 2.3

octavia vrs 1.8t and octavia 2.0 laurent & klement

e30 m3 2.3 and e30 325i

e34 m5 3.4 then 3.6 and e34 540 4.0

w129 e36 amg and w129 e430

sl55 amg and sl600 (before sl65 amg came out[same with s-class and cl])

previous astra coupe 2.0 turbo and astra coupe 2.2(same with hatchback)

calibra 2.0 turbo 4x4 and calibra 2.5 v6

mk4 golf gti 1.8t and mk4 golf vr6 4motion

mk3 golf gti 2.0 and mk3 golf vr6

corrado 1.8 g60 and corrado vr6

volvo s80 2.8 t6 and s80 2.9 executive

couldn't think of any more. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

mk4 golf gti 1.8t and mk4 golf vr6 4motion

mk3 golf gti 2.0 and mk3 golf vr6

corrado 1.8 g60 and corrado vr6

[/ QUOTE ]

explain this grin.gif

accept the others though. 169144-ok.gif fingers crossed for the 2.0T then.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean? the gti and g60were considered to be the performance flagships of the range and the vr6 was considered the rival to models from the class above. the gti/g60 was the car featured in all the adverts and press material, therefore was considered the flagship as it had a halo effect on the lesser models which included the vr6.

I beg to differ mate, the VR6's were the flagship, not the GTI or G60's.

I can't see how you can deem a VR6 "a lesser model" golf when it is both slower and cost £4k more! confused.gif

Don't you recall the TV ad where they raced the beetles (insects) "that had a small marking on it's back!"

It was much more glamorous than the 'price led' campaign they did for the GTI saying you could have it for just £14,995

the mk3 golf vr6 was considered to be a luxury model to compete with lower models in the 3-series range while the gti was the golf which was considered the performance model in the range which everyone wanted. the corrado g60 was the flagship before the vr6 arrived later in the model life.

I'm just looking at it from the average guy's point of view. the gti was the better known model in the range and was considered the best one in the range, same with the g60. obviously the people on this forum know the difference so this could go on all day. anyway, they're all cracking cars and i still want one of each cos i'm still a big kid grin.gif

I miss my Corrado G60 sometimes smlove2.gif

Cornering was a strongpoint, and so much power and 35mpg was impressive (VR6 struggled for 27mpg).

The weakpoints were the door handles - three in the two years I owned it fekr.gif, and windscreen wipers which were hopeless above 60mph ha.gif... and a gearbox that got in the way of swift acceleration smashfreakB.gif

OK - I don't really miss it that much Flush.gif

Back on thread !!

Vw Dealer (recently ex Audi)reckons S3 will be 280-300 bhp, couldn't confirm engin varient and actually suggested that the current R32 Mkv PS250 will be re-lauched Nov 06 as a 290 PS, just to keep up with the Audi boys grin.gif.

Let them keep going with the power fight 169144-ok.gif

The RS3 may well become a viable (and real) car!