Norton 2006 Scan process parms question

scooby_simon

I want to schedule a full system scan on my PC.

But I cannot find the name of the process and the parms for it.

I cannot get hold of the name of the actual can process I need to run and how to tell it which drives I want it to scan. I'd like to be able to ran a scan of C, Y and Z once a week, so I need to Schedule the task (the easy bit) and tell it what to scan.

Anyone ?

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know Norton but you won't need to find the process name. All you'll need to do is fire up the application and in there schedule what and when to do the scan.

[/ QUOTE ]

After a bit of tinkering I've found it. Sitting there was an Icon that did not shout and scream this is the "schedule me" icon smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But I am still getting a default scan as well; scheduled scan Sunday night, default is stil happening Friday night.

Anyone ?

NAV06 - me like. That security cenntre thing on the taskbar is a nice gimmick but obviously it'll go soon. Annoying that ity flags up exclamations for user-defined settings [eg turning off scanning outbound email].

Read the forums on ZA and will not even bother with the version you mentioned - people flockign back to 5.5 in their droves!

Might give Agnitum Outpost a while. PC Pro call it "the best software firewall bar none" but i find it a little fiddly to set up