Basis Sound in New R32

Hudson

If the UK is like here - you'll get far more "bang for your buck" with an aftermarket unit. It's a huge industry here (as the local cars typically have tacky inbuilt units).

I'm surprised you'd bother - the best bit about driving the .:R is the engine note and exhaust! 169144-ok.gif

I owned a Passat with a very expensive aftermarket system (DLS A3/A6, Focal 165ks, Macdaddy 10'', etc) and although the sound was very good, i found the cost, stripping out the car and the space a good system takes up just too much. I now have an A6 with Bose and i find this (although not as good) very close to an upgraded system for everyday use, and certainly better than a standard set up. There are cars out now where you can specify a Linn system !! The fact that a OEM system just fits so well with the vehicle suits me very nicely and you then do not have the problem of taking the faceoff with you every time you leave the vehicle. I just expected a car costing that much to at least have the option, a cheap h/u and 20w (or whatever) seems a little tacky for such a fantastic vehicle.

As standard, the Mk5 comes with "Radio/CD player with 8 speakers and roof aerial". You can choose "Radio system RCD 500, including front loading 6 disc autochanger with Volkswagen soundpack" for £675, but "Not in conjunction with Navigation/radio system", so you would assume that the Nav system comes with a decent amplifier.

Full and fascinating ROLLEY~14.GIF details at http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/new_golf/options

The real answer is to switch off the stereo, open the window and just listen to the sound of the burbling V6...