Will new M3 beat RS4 ?

pile

I'm sure BMW won't let anyone down.. but will be interesting to see the spec.. they have admitted a V8, but what sort of output?..

Also, i have a feeling that Audi pinched some of the BMW designers to work in GMbH, so that's probably why the RS4 has progressed so much.

I think the RS4 is a cracking car. A lot of the mags have a lot of advertising that goes there way from BMW..... Make the rest up for yourself. coffee.gif

I like BMWs but I don't like the look of the current 3 too much at all. So it would be the RS4 for me. Quattro and a cracking engine easily the equal of anything the M factory have produced in the past including the M5 engine. 169144-ok.gif

In the past, that sums it up CarMad.

It's unfair to compare old M3 with new RS.

New RS v New M3 will be a very tight call. I'll favour the 4 wd RS at the moment. But, and this is the caveat, BMW will not allow Audi to stomp them and take the title in the super car, mid saloon / coupe catagory.

The New M3 might be a lesser car than the RS4, but a CSL version will kick it all over the ring and any other testing arena.

I'm expressing an opinion, so please don't kick me (virtually) too hard!

The output of the new M3 is pretty certain to be around 408 bhp. The standard version will almost certainly weigh less than the RS4 to begin with, and if they do release a CSL then that'll be very interesting indeed.

I have to say though, the looks of the E90 3-series don't lend themselves to a nice looking M3 though. The spyshots have all shown a very toned down look.

Personally I can't say I'm too excited at this stage. The new M3 may well turn out to be an amazing car to drive and will possibly take the 'drivers' mantle again. However, unless it's going to undergo a radical body re-design I'd be looking at an RS4 if I were looking to buy in this section of the market.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the time Clarkson mentioned for a lap of the top gear track for the RS4 nearly a second less than the M5?

That would make it nearly 3 seconds quicker than a CSL. That's quite a difference.

Will the new M3 be as special as the RS4 is? Time will tell.

I know if I could justify the expense i'd be on a list for 4 rings rather than a propeller.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought it was Cosworth engineers, not BMW ones that had a helping hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The help came from Cosworth Technology now called Mahle Powertrain and not to be confused with Cosworth Ltd who are building the engines for Williams F1

169144-ok.gif