Is this a bargain, or am I missing something??

Ari

Kameleon products have always had rave reviews. Seems like a star buy to me!!

The system I have at home is convered by a universal LCD touch screen remote and operates everything. But they aint cheap to replace. I nearly died when I had to replace mine after my daughter stepped on it.

remotelrg.jpg

You need one of these... I have one of the older models but it does the same thing.

Its a Philips Pronto SBC RU950, you can program it to do absolutely everything and have whatever pictures you want on the background or what type of buttons you want. Or create macros that turn on or off all of your equipment with one press of a button.

Its £195 at Letsautomate and they also do colour ones. It doesn't eat batteries every two minutes either they last for months.

Go to this place to see what they can all do. 169144-ok.gif

Pronto Edit

10921.gif

I had a Marantz Pronto, when I had my previous system and they are very good.

The Denon handset is the best I have had and allows me to do so many more things that the Pronto wouldnt allow you to do, such as calibrate the system before viewing.

They are superb handsets though and also very highly recommended.

You are missing something wink.gif

I have one of the original Kameleon-6 remotes and it's fantastic....except....it could do with it's own nuclear reactor to power it. It'll comfortably eat 4 AAA batteries every two weeks. I run it on rechargeables (of course) but it's a real pig....as the battery cover has to be screwed on

smashfreakB.gif

I believe that they do a recharging stand for them now - if you can get one of those go for it!

Hi,

I have got a Logitech Harmony 675 and it is the best universal remote i have ever used, there are obviously better ones like the pronto etc but these are available for about £70

You set it up using your PC on their website and select all the devices that you want to set up, it then downloads the remote codes and macro's to the remote via USB. The macro's are excellent as previously i had to do the following to watch tv:

Turn Plasma on, select input

Turn Sky+ on

Turn AV amp on and select TV\SAT

With the Harmony i just press the TV button and it does everything, same with DVD, Music etc.

More info Here