Thinking about buying newshape R32

projone

I have been a lexus is300 driver for 3 years now and really fancy a change. I test drove a R32 the other day and was very impressed by the drive but the salesman seem to have baffled me with bullshit.

He said that golf are only releasing 900 next year which will help hold the residule but is this true.

Also the sound system did not seem as good as my lexus so can someone tell me what the output is of a 10 speaker system on a r36.

Hiya and welcome darren.

The new (mkv) r32 is meant to be vw normal sound system and you cant upgrade this. Although i have heard that having the sat nav does help the output.

That might be right considering that most dealers are saying that they are only getthing one a month, from march time onwards. But do remember that the car isnt a limited series like the mkiv version was.

As to the r36, what did you dealer say as im pretty sure there hasnt been any press release to confirm that there is going to be one. And thinking about it i think i read that they had said there wouldnt be one.

But i would suggest you should have a test drive in the mkiv r32, as yes it is the older version, and if you get a good one, with around 10k on the clock. Will cost you about 10k (if not more) for the same spec car, just the newer version. That way you could spend the remaining 10k on upgrades to the car, ie anti roll bars, exhaust, chip, etc etc.

Just what i would do.

Well sort of, I understood that as normal VW UK have screwed up the orders back to Germany.

In keeping with modern process management and 'just in time' builds (JIT prevents over manufacture and allows them to have minimum stock sitting around waiting for a potential order, thus keeping cash flow tight) VW UK have to give block orders to VW Germany.

Simply put, VW UK have fecked up, not ordered enough stock and so us punters will have to wait for longer to get orders met.

RHD is not VW Germany's primary sales market and they have to tool up for RHD production. The slots for early 2006 have been set, hence why everyone keeps saying only 400-500 will be available 2006.

That's true at the moment, but I suspect that VW Germany will re-tool for UK builds if order backlog becomes large enough to warrant doing so.

VW Germany are hardly (due to p1ss poor world wide sales across the entire car range) in a position to make 200 orders of £28k sit around waiting for a year!