need help badly

wingnut

Alright fellas, I found the diagnostic port and used my scanner, now I need some help deciphering exactly what the hell is wrong with the bloody car! here are the definitions of my codes, straight from the UIF booklet:

465A- Voltage Supply kl.30 voltage too low

04dF-Canister 1# Solenoid valve-N80

4066-Air mass meter signal too low

4086-Bank 1-Probel no activity

463A-Engine control unit blocked

4074-Coolant temp. sender-G62 signal too small

0214-Supply voltage

that's it word for word, any help with what they mean or where to start would be appreciated. cheers.

[ QUOTE ]

Alright fellas, I found the diagnostic port and used my scanner, now I need some help deciphering exactly what the hell is wrong with the bloody car! here are the definitions of my codes, straight from the UIF booklet:

465A- Voltage Supply kl.30 voltage too low

04dF-Canister 1# Solenoid valve-N80

4066-Air mass meter signal too low

4086-Bank 1-Probel no activity

463A-Engine control unit blocked

4074-Coolant temp. sender-G62 signal too small

0214-Supply voltage

that's it word for word, any help with what they mean or where to start would be appreciated. cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi this is just all guess work as to some of the meanings.....

<font color="red"> these are very much " could be" suggestions. </font>

Codes are useless to me, as they are not recognised Vag-com errors, you must be using some generic scanner.

<font color="blue"> 465A- Voltage Supply kl.30 voltage too low

</font> a guess, but could be reporting problems with the diagnostic line. K line is the comms like.

<font color="blue"> 04dF-Canister 1# Solenoid valve-N80 </font>

"Canister and valve" lend me to thinking this is something to do with the cannister that processes the fuel vapours from the tank and then burns them off in the engine safely.

<font color="blue"> 4066-Air mass meter signal too low

</font>

Air mass or MAF is the sensor out the airbox and measures airflow. These can be prone to part or total failure. Check the sensor after the airbox is plugged in. If it is , good chance your need a new one.

<font color="blue"> 4086-Bank 1-Probel no activity </font>

again a guess, sounds like some sort of lamda, exhaust probe playing up.

<font color="blue"> 463A-Engine control unit blocked

</font>

I have absolutely no idea or suggestion for this.

<font color="blue">4074-Coolant temp. sender-G62 signal too small </font>

coolant temp sensor another common fault across Audi, usually changed. No idea on cost for an A4, but my S3 one was circa £25

<font color="blue">0214-Supply voltage

</font>

no idea, other than guessing may have had a flat or disconnected battery in the past ??

All of the above are just ideas. I would suggest you get it scanned with vagcom, which will give codes and suggestions of the faults that people will more readily recognise, note the codes, clear them, and see what reoccurs.

Some hopefully will dissapear.

then start rectifying whats left from there.

Tobes or Techie may be able to eloborate.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi this is just all guess work as to some of the meanings.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Similarly purely guessing here; wingnut wanted help badly, and I guess I can possibly help, badly... wink.gif

Do you think a cluster of problems like that could be related? Multiple voltage low and signal low diagnostic codes could indicate an electrical problem. Would battery and ground connections be an obvious thing to check? If you have a voltage dial in the dash (should do on a 95-96 A4?), what are the voltages shown with ignition on but engine not running, and with the engine idling?

thanks fellas, i think the voltage issues are mainly battery related, it's about time for a new one. the car idles horribly, it tends to bounce so much that the car almost dies at times, unfortunately i have heard many ppl that had the same symptoms and many different problems. it also recently faied a CAT test at the MOT. you've given me a couple places to start though, so thank you.