Who came from BMW to the GTI ?

Snoopy

Do you consider your parents to be:  

1. 1. Do you consider your parents to be:

• Upper Class
    • Middle Class
    • Working Class
    • N/A - I don't believe the class system exists

Who here had a BMW as there previous car before they got there mk5 GTI ?

Im wondering who has defected from BMW to GTI in other words who's last car was a BMW and out of curiosity was it a 3 series?

Geoff? cool.gif

Edit

Oh poo dung.gif made a buttcheeks.gif of that option of the pole and don't seem to be able to edit it. oh well coffee.gif

It might seem to be a "come down" on the surface but, according to how you use a car, the GTI might suit him much better than the others but I'll let him answer you. It's fairly well known here that I could have afforded either of those BMWs but chose the GTI, and I rate Beemers very highly.

[ QUOTE ]

It might seem to be a "come down" on the surface but, according to how you use a car, the GTI might suit him much better than the others but I'll let him answer you. It's fairly well known here that I could have afforded either of those BMWs but chose the GTI, and I rate Beemers very highly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not asking the question from a point of view of affordability. I'm sure many 'could' buy whatever cars they want but choose not to, so yes I agree with the notion of your reply.

It's more of a point of that particular chain of change - M3 to X5 to Gti - it's a radical route.

LeMans - the MPG would puzzle me, especially as an M3 will easily return 23-24 to the gallon on average and the X5 isn't exactly an economical runabout.

One thing I found about my M3 Coupe was that it was actually a very very practical car. The boot is large, it can be refined when it wants to be and the MPG was good as I say, so I'd be suprised if the Gti is any more of a practical car (slightly better rear legroom in the GTi, but it's not by much). The hatchback qualities can't be forgotten mind you.

It might also be old/used M3/X5 to new GTi too of course, and the back-up and peace of mind that goes with that could appeal to someone, so I can see how that would be a factor.

Anyway, just wondered. I can't be the only one who is intrigued on someone going from M3 to X5 to Golf GTi if it's their 'main' car.

Hi MrMe, you are certainly not the only one intrigued by the 'route'....It got discussed deep in the threads of the GTI forum but as a digression under a different topic subject. These choices about cars may often seem irrational but make total sense to the person buying. My main reason, for what it's worth, those BMWs are too big for West Country lanes, won't fit in my garage, too likely to get vandalised, too heavy on fuel....But fantastic cars nonetheless! The GTI does it all perfectly....You can't get my 450W monitors plus sound gear plus suitcases in an M3 or even M5....The Golf's rear seats fold.

If b5rkr doesn't answer you here, a Search will probably give you his reasoning.

[ QUOTE ]

Mini are owned by BMW, so I guess it kinda counts laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi own Lamborghini.

Fiat own Ferrari.

However, my Audi A4 Avant definately doesn't mean I'd say I was 'sort of a Lamborghini owner'....and I don't think even Malagus would claim his Fiat Cinquecentowhatsitcalled was a Ferrari!

Ford own Aston Martin....Ford own Jaguar....BMW own Rolls Royce....VW own Bentley.....somehow though..... yelrotflmao.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see any Lambos in my local Audi dealer, or any Astons at my ford dealer - however i do see minis at... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for much longer you won't. If there are any shared BMW-Mini dealerships out there still then they're not going to be like that for long. BMW want them seperating.