[Audi A3/S3] To Claim or Not to Claim That is the Question..

Fergy

Some Feckker hit my other car A4 Sline avant (B6) in a car park and dented the rear bumper. Did Off you guessed it without leaving any details.

Assuming a new bumper needed + respray + sensors cost between £400 - £700 im guessing. Insurance XS £150 with Protected NO CLAIMS for Life with More Than.

Would you claim. If so would it effect renewal?

You're going to be around £250-£500 down by not claiming would the rise (it would rise despite the protection - you'll be a higher risk to them but will keep your NCB) over the 5 years these things last be enough to outweigh this?

I'd probably claim. The rise shouldn't be too much as you still keep your discount and the extra will be spread over the 5 years.

Some insurance companies will count this as a 'non fault' claim. Not sure how this affects things but can't make it worse.

I would call your insurer and ask them how it will affect your remewal quote, say that you don't normally claim but you may this time as there may be more damage behind the bumper.

Have you noticed that all insurers now ask if you have made a claim in the last 5 years, not have you got full no claims.

indeed

i had a "if you dont claim, renewal will be cheaper "clause in mine.

Was it cheaper? No. £76 more expensive actually.

Ah but sir, your discount has been applied and it is lower than it would have been, Its just the rising cost of insurance.

fekr.gif's