Do you know how many radiators your S4 has?

Tizzy

I didn't until over the weekend my Red coolant level warning symbol appeared on the DIS. A quick check revealed almost no water in the hitherto full coolant reservoir - and a nice anti-freeze coloured pool on the garage floor. Local Audi dealer acted very quickly and checked the car today - apparently there are smaller rads on each side (?) and one of these has a hole in it! They said that they've never seen this before on an S4, but hope to get it fixed tomorrow - they had to order the new rad'. As it wasn't booked in there was no loaner available, so now I have a Fiesta - bit of a comedown from a V8 I can tell you!!

I knew it had a few but then I have the Bentley CD which has pics and stuff. wink.gif

Radiator

Right auxiliary radiator

Left auixiliary radiator

p.s. Did you also know we have an oil cooler and a power steering fluid cooler?

It seems they really didn't want this one getting too hot!!

Not good for you but I'm glad this sounds like a one off.

Shame about the loaner!!

Car is now fixed, with a new auxiliary radiator on the offside. Given that the dealer had no warning at all of the car coming in on what appeared to be a very busy Monday and had to order the part, I reckon they did pretty well to have the job done by 15:00 the next day - so praise where it's due to Lincoln Audi. Nice Clean inside and outside as well! You do notice the difference after a Fiesta though, I can tell you!!