Squeaky breaks

passat05

Dear all

Just wondering if anyone had this problem before.

Got front brake discs and pads replaced at independent and been getting a squeaking noise when I brake, only when coming to a halt. (like a bus but not as bad)

Took it back to garage, they put some anti-squealing stuff on. Worked for a day then squeaking came back. Took it back to garage, they couldn't work out the problem so replaced with a new set 2 days ago. Has been fine until today when the squeaking came back.

Is it definately the brakes? Could they have fitted the wrong brakes. Shall I get an independent inspection on them.

Any advice appreciated

[ QUOTE ]

If the pads are slighty the wrong size they can make a lot of noise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with noisy brakes on my Passat. When I hit the brakes, I can hear the rubbing action of the metal to metal quite loud.

I think this is something to do with pads which are not an exact fit, and therefore cause uneven wear on the discs. I had this problem on my last car too (not a VW), all fitted by the same garage.

It's very annoying, but there's not much I can do about it

Took car back to garage - they put some anti squeal grease on the brakes. No help - squeaking again.

Back to garage again - they fitted a new set of adephi lockheed discs and pads. Worked for one day then squeak came back.

Took car in today- they put some special cover from adephi lockheed to try and stop them squeaking. Brakes are squeaking on off just before coming to a complete halt now.

Looks like I have to live it - sounds like a bus stopping - annoying!

Don't know what to do now - garage seemed to have tried everything.