Z4 2nd hand prices

Calm Chris

Hi Jason,

I think one reason the Z4M prices have fallen so far at first is that the car was maybe launched too late into the life of the S54 engine/E46 M3. If it had been out a couple of years ago it would have taken up more of the slack from the decreasing E46 M3 sales.

Also the launch was low key and it didn't have any decent marketing (beyond one small press campaign-Coupe and Roadster) or push behind it so that people considering entering the M3/RS4/Cayman S market. Also you have to say that the overall looks of the Z4 still divide opinions.

What's your take on it Jason?

Gareth

Gareth

It makes sense what you have to say and I am still amazed at the amount of people that see the car and have never heard of it let alone seen one. So,like you said the launch was very low key.

I would hope that with the limited numbers and its clear there are people that find the car desirable that it will always have its market (although a niche one) and that supply/demand will mean it should hold up ok price wise.

I think alot of people thought the car was overpriced from new and are sitting and waiting for the car to hit 30K when alot I guess will feel its more value for money.

This of course depends on what BMW do next with any Z4 successor. If they did put the new V8 in there (which I very much doubt) then I am screwed smile.gif