Coil Pack Discussions

Colin M

A huge problem, over the whole of the VAG (and other marques)

Ive been following the progress on UK TT Forum...

Forge MotorSport have had some coils. The latest J type.

I bought one as a spare in view of giving it to Audi to fit if mine fails again. and get reinbursed when stocks back up. They are £50+ vat and postage. GENUINE Audi Parts with Audi boxes and part numbers, so no warrenty issuses with sourcing parts out of Audi.

Mine have both followed the cold morning/start up failure trend

I have had one replaced at 3k and 1 went but 3 replaced at 10k miles

I only have one H coil left now.

Audi are having people wait till mid January to get cars back on the road! all audi cars are used up, and they are hiring out Mondeos left right and centre...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

"500 cars a day have been failing "

[/ QUOTE ]

• 2 weeks later...

2nd coil pack in 2 months blew up this morning, fortunately only a couple of miles from the dealership. Until today I knew nothing of the shortage. Service manager gave me the good news, 'your car is probably off the road until February due to a serious supply problem'. I have a lovely Vauxhall Omega (joke) parked outside my house now. I am awaiting a car direct from Audi UK, it had better be a good one!

Happy New Year.

I had a coil pack failure the week before Xmas. Managed to get Audi to replace all 4 after leaving the car in dover and calling up the dealer to reserve 4 for when the Toy arrived.

shame that 6 weeks beofre the same thing was done.

Definatly thinking of going down the route of getting a spare on for 50 notes.

Chris

My car was in for servicing today, and one of the mechanics gave me a lift home while the car was being worked on. He told me that they had never had as many cars sitting on the lot as now due to coil failures. He estimated they alone (Aston Green) had 35 cars waiting for coils, and he also told me they'd all be off the road until middle of February. Apparently the cold is killing the coils and Audi have known this for a long time without taking precautions in the way of stocking up or changing them before they fail.

I also asked him what would happen if your car was out of warranty and you had coil failure. He said it would be still be done under warranty due to being a known fault. I don't know how old your car can be before they say no though.

what a scam. talk about customers being treated like crap. it looks like none of the car manufacturers seem to care about their customers. subaru owners are complaining too about dealers. mercedes is crap and bmw rip customers off with inflated garage prices. looks like we should all drive lexuses (lexi?) and be treated like people who have spent 20k plus on a car. although on second thoughts...

did anyone read about theives being able to get into peugeot 206's by bending the door frame back and opening the door. peugeot said they knew about it but won't do anything. like people being able to bypass vw locking systems and being able to get into the cars easily.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a coilpack? Does anybody know the Dutch word for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Teejoo

a coil pack is basically the plug ontop of your spark plug.

it takes low voltage and creates high voltage making the spark.

each cylinder has its own one.