New Leon Cupra Aug 2006 model

Calm Chris

Stolen straight from Germancarfans:-

"The new Cupra is scheduled for release in August this year. These photos are showing for the first time a prototype in full showroom trim, revealing a quite aggressive styling package.

The car has very large air intakes in the front skirt and a big exhaust pipe placed in the middle of the rear skirt. Inside the new Cupra is offering very sporty design like the Golf GTI, from which – according to rumours- the Cupra might also borrow its engine. It is a 2.0 litre FSI Turbo four cylinder motor and said to deliver 220 HP in the Cupra.

The prototype’s license plate – whether on purpose or not – gives a clue of the newcomers future: DTM means Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft - and perhaps an additional racing version of the Cupra".

687804-cupra.jpg

I like the new Leon, love the 3 door look, but with 5 doors.

220 bhp (as someone has mentioned on Golf threads) will upset how many Mk5 GTi owners (sorry boys). It's a better looking car and now will have 20 bhp over the GTi.

Only upset, is that I was informed that the Mk4 R32 lump would go in a Cupra R Leon, maybe the 220 bhp is the Cupra and a Cupra R will turn up.

Here's hoping, if it does is will be a challenge for both the Mk5 R32 and the new 265 bhp S3- no doubt £4-5k cheaper!

Seat- you know its makes sense 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

220 bhp (as someone has mentioned on Golf threads) will upset how many Mk5 GTi owners (sorry boys). It's a better looking car and now will have 20 bhp over the GTi.

Only upset, is that I was informed that the Mk4 R32 lump would go in a Cupra R Leon, maybe the 220 bhp is the Cupra and a Cupra R will turn up.

Here's hoping, if it does is will be a challenge for both the Mk5 R32 and the new 265 bhp S3- no doubt £4-5k cheaper!

Seat- you know its makes sense 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be no Cupra R, SEAT dropped the Cupra R name tag and renamed there car line up so that Cupra would be top of the tree.

The previous cupra models were renamed FR

The previous Cupra R line up is renamed Cupra.

So the Cupra name is top of the line and what the previous cupra R was.

• 3 weeks later...

Then you have R32 from VW when Nissan had the R32 Skyline out way before, but that never stopped them!

Not that it matters, so long as there is a high power, cool looking, more=power-than-a-GTi SEA on the go then it will sell.

Lets hope the interior materials are a step up from the other Leon models (new) as I wasn't impressed when I was considering one as a replacement for the R32!!!!

smile.gif

smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Nissan did not complain about the R32 badge as there R32 was not a world wide model.

I understand what you meen about the interior of the new Leon, We have a 2005 mk1 Leon as our second car and i was disapointed with the new leon compared to the old one.

• 4 weeks later...