Looking to buy a WRX

kevj1977

Hi, I am new to this site and am looking for advice.

I am looking at buying a '96 upwards (facelift model) Impreza WRX, I have about £6500 to spend and was wondering whether you helpful people could offer me some advice on what to look out for when I am viewing/test driving these.

Also, do you think I will be able to get a decent car for the money I have to offer?

Any advice will be gratefully recieved. crazy.gif

My only advice would be try both a JDM and a UK. I find the gearbox on jap imports horrendous. Great for bottom end speed but crap on top end. JDM's scream their pants off in 4th at 80, but the UK keeps on pulling. Depends what you want it for really. Also standard UK ones, are usually a better buy as they have been looked after, ie with fsh. I would stay well away from anything that has been modified mechanically, too many diy'ers for my liking. Take a look at scoobynet, you'll see what i mean 169144-ok.gif

• 4 months later...

Hello peeps.

I think yer Wrx is the best bet, then get a prodrive exhaust and bronze wheels and it looks the part.

Who needs an sti, it costs more to buy and run, drinks petrol compared to a wrx and pulling that barn door spoiler around with you must make so much drag.

People think the wrx is restrained and silenced, but with a prodrive exhaust my dads one sounds and goes awesome!

Joe:)

EDIT: Get toyo T1S tyres for it too, they grip like hell!