MPG on a 160 bhp PD

bland011

Hi guys

I have had my Seat Ibiza tdi Cupra for 4 weeks now and I was wondering what sort of mpg I should be getting, I havent filled the tank up yet so cant really work out my mpg properly yet, but I put £10 of diesel in and i'm doing 80-100 miles, most of my driving at the moment is short cold journeys and around town, but I thought I should be getting more from a diesel. Will the mpg improve as the engine covers more miles, it's only done 9500 at the moment, I am hoping it will improve alot when I take it for a good run up to Sheffield next week, 600 mile round trip.

What do you guys get out of your 150 or 160 bhp pd engines, as I am sure the engine in my car is the same as yours?!!

Cheers

confused.gif

post-13189-13791434736_thumb.jpg

£10 of diesel at 92p per litre works out to be approx 11 litres (10.87 for the pedants the_finger.gif)

Assuming you are getting 100miles on this amount then you are getting 9.2 miles per litre or 41.8mpg. Which sounds ok but not amazing.

IF you are doing lots of short journeys in this type of weather the car uses approx 25% more fuel until it has warmed up (5 or 6 miles).

Welcome 169144-ok.gif

mines a golf 150PD i get on short trips around town about 38mpg or if its cold and alot of stops i only get 34mpg, on a long trip i can get anything from 45 to around 55 mpg depending how i drive it, could probably even manage 60 on a long trip if i drive like an old granny 169144-ok.gif

My Bora 130 just went from Scotch Corner to Penrith and back (about 120 miles) with an average speed of 57 mph, and did 51 miles to the gallon. I usually do this trip very steady and get 58 mpg but this time with speeds (very silly speeds blush.gif) over the limit in places I only lost 7mpg.

Not bad, methinks. grin.gif

And the BMW 318 convertible must be well pissed off to be outdragged uphill from 40mph. He had to pull in to let me pass. yelrotflmao.gif

I have the PD130 in the Fabia, and its averaging 44mpgs including booting it, queueing M8 traffic, etc. On a good journey its well into the 50s!

I been talking with guys who have 180bhp + from their 1.9 TDi and when driven sensibly they manage MPGs almost as good as me.

smile.gif