questions....... 330ci coupe

jay127

after thinking long and hard, im still on the fence. ive been thinking of buying a new 2006 audi a3 or a second hand 2005 330ci. i was about to put the deposit down on the audi, when a friend said, spending that much money i should get a mans car, e46 coupe. I kind of agree even though they are very very very common

im looking at a 2005 330Ci coupe. First how often would you service this and how much do bmw charge for services. Also i know they come with a 3year warranty, but when this expires would i be able to extend it and have the same parts covered.

lasty what should i look out for and what are common faults on these cars

Hi Jay127

3 series service intervals are variable, and depend on how the car is driven; I'd guess around 11 - 14k miles on a 330. In any case, I think there is a time over-ride which might be 12 months on the E46, but stand to be corrected by those with more knowledge!! I do around 25,000 miles per year, so have never run into this issue!

Cost will depend on whether it's an Oil service, Inspection 1 or Inspection 2 - best bet is to 'phone a local dealer to get an idea of costs. The BMW AUC warranty can be extended to provide similar level of cover to the new car warranty; however it is expensive (and has just gone up quite a bit IIRC).

Peter

id be gettin the car with around 10k-15k mileage, so now major services hopefully will be needed soon, but do you know how much the inspection1 and inspection 2 services would cost.

I'll probably service the car once a year, as that i think seems right, services wont be above 250 will they

I've just had an Inspection 1 at a cost of £275. 27k miles on the clock.

The 'miles to next service' display said about 15,500 after that, but I don't think it will let you go much over 12 months between services. I did about 12k since the previous service.

Oil service next, then the BIG ONE (inspection II)

Much more pleasing than a similarly priced new A3 will ever be. IMO.

thanks for the reply, i might keep this for a long time though. one last question, i am going to service the car every year these services how much do they cost??

I'm finding it very hard to find an 2005 manual 330ci coupe, why do people get them in autos, theres no fun in that.