OK! I knew the G.T.I. was good..BUT THIS!!!

allgolfdup

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I will have to read this thread from the start and give my independent, unbiased and subjective opinion. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Subjective opinion?? - 'Objective' perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Subjective' was the irony in the statement, as I own a gti and have experiance of MrMe. 169144-ok.gif

Ok read the initial post...

1) Allgolfdup did not say he beat (or could beat) an Aston DB9, he suggests he had a spirited drive with one.

2) Allgolfdup did not say he was racing the said Aston DB9, he suggested that Mr. Edmunds showed JOY at the experience of the spirited drive from the GTI (by flashing his DB9 lights).

3) Allgolfdup has a fair point in suggesting Mr. Edmunds would be surprised at the GTI doing 140 mph. If A mass produced hatchback was approaching me whilst in an Aston DB9 at 140mph, I too would show some surprise.

Honest point...

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously the GTI is generally no match for a DB9, especially on a M'way, but I understand what allgolfdup is saying: The GTI has superb acceleration and performs surprisingly well throughout her range

[/ QUOTE ]

Honest point...

[ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean. Remember I have a remapped S3 so I'm well used to the torque-rich on-boost abilities of such cars, just more so

The other thing is just how close 1 or 2 seconds to 60 can look like on the road. Very few cars are just going to drive clean away from another (see me vs the F40 for a clear demonstration of an exception to this rule though!!). I've felt that I've been "hanging on" to some very fast cars at times but introduce a stopwatch and the differences are plain to see I'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rude and obnoxious…

[ QUOTE ]

However, all of them, without exception, pale into insignificance compared to the entertainment and side splitting laughter provided by reading the claims of some Golf GTi owners. You should be on a stage. Preferably with a fecking noose around your necks.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrMe in this case you have made an unprovoked attack on Allgolfdup. Allgolfdup was just expressing his JOY to fellow GTI owners, this is very clear. What confuses me is why you would attack some one expressing JOY in their GTI ownership. This is certainly not the first time you have behaved in this nasty manor. You genuinely need to have a good long look at your self, find some humility and apologise. NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Ok MrMe in this case you have made an unprovoked attack on Allgolfdup. Allgolfdup was just expressing his JOY to fellow GTI owners, this is very clear. What confuses me is why you would attack some one expressing JOY in their GTI ownership. This is certainly not the first time you have behaved in this nasty manor. You genuinely need to have a good long look at your self, find some humility and apologise. NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Spankit... Now where's those Nomex suits grin.gifbike.thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ah, right, I'm beginning to understand.

This is a forum which means we're all allowed to say exactly what we want unless spankit and mixit disagree. wink.gif

Spankit & Mixit. Sounds dodgy... sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> <u>garcon</u> </font>

Carpal \'Tunnel

COCK

Reged: 09/02/05

Loc: ation not found

[ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, well said Red.

fresco1 - Could I suggest you perhaps look at a user's post count and maybe even a few of their posts to see what a colossal amount of time and effort they put into TSN before you refer to them as "this particular poster"

MrMe is a TSN legend. Go and find out for yourself, and then wind your neck in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purely just for clarification - I typed in 'this particular poster' as I couldn't remember his name whilst typing.

Simple really - memory like a sieve, me. And I don't necessarily believe that quantity (i.e. posts, as suggested) equals quality.

BTW, I moved on from this one 2 days ago so will keep my further thoughts to myself at this point! We all have our opinions, smile.gif that's life.