E91 discounts?

Zman

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an E91 privately so I'd appreciate knowing anyone that has secured a decent discount. My local dealer has offered 4% but I'm sure there must be better deals out there somewhere!

Oh, has anyone driven the M Sport and able to offer an opinion on the suspension. I have heard that it rattles you teeth but I've yet to arrange a drive.

I used to own a Z4 and found the ride unacceptable on the run flat tyres and 17" wheels. It's not in the same league I know but I'm now very wary but like the look of the M SPort externally.

Cheers,

ZMan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

I'll tell you after I get the car - I'm paranoid the renege on the deal or something - I'll have car in a couple of days so not long..

I can tell you now, that it was my local dealer and I test drove 3 times there, in the meantime I was shopping on the internet and found the best prices from www.onlinecarslimited.com - (you still get through dealer ultimately). I took that price and went back to the sales guy I'd been talking to and told him frankly and honestly - 'do you want me to buy from you at this price or shall I buy from broker?'.

Sales guy took it in his stride and said they would see what they could do - he rang back once to check that my price included maintenance contract option - and then rang back next day - and said they'd would match.

Gents .. you both seem new. Welcome to TSN.

If you don't want to say the dealer etc. on the forum for everybody to see click on the other users name and send a PM. They will get a message like an email and you will see a flashing mail near the Welcome Username bit towards the top of the screen. 169144-ok.gif

Can understand you don't want to mess things up. Let us know what the motor is like when you get in and post your pictures up. Can help if you don't know how to do it. beerchug.gif

Hi Mark,

Picked up car yesterday! - The dealership is Blackheath BMW ( http://www.whitehouseblackheathbmw.co.uk/ )

The sales guy made it clear (though of course you have to take everything they say with a large pinch of salt) - that it was very special circumstances that led to the deal. It was the end of their quarter and they were trying to meet their targets, so did 'bad' deal on my car to meet them as extra payoff/penalty for meeting/missing target.

Let me know how you get on..

thanks marmite,

I hope the car lives up to all of your expectations!!!!

I'm just in the process of deciding between the SE or M Sport version. I like the look and toys on the M Sport but a little nervous about my fillings with the harder suspension!

I'll let you know how I get on!

Mark.

[ QUOTE ]

The M-Sport with non run flats is far better than the SE with run flats.

I had a go in my mates 330d sport with PS2's on and it is very nice, far better than the 330d SE I had the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard fit for all E90/91s is runflats though isn't it gIzzE, or can you 'perusade' a dealer to change them before delivery?

Peter