Seat Leon Cupra R

Andrew

Now, by virtue of the fact that I can't recall any posts mentioning this car I'll assume it is not any good or that anyone mentioning it is banished from TS never to return. If so, bye bye, it's been fun.

I have not been for a drive in a Cupra R and all the reviews I have read are really good. Question is do I go for a drive in one or not bother, thus remaining happy in the knowledge that an S3 is well regarded on here and more than floats my boat.

[ QUOTE ]

I have not been for a drive in a Cupra R and all the reviews I have read are really good. Question is do I go for a drive in one or not bother, thus remaining happy in the knowledge that an S3 is well regarded on here and more than floats my boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggest you go and have a browse over at www.seatcupra.net/forums . Loads of Cupra R drivers over there and a friendly crowd too. I bought one over an S3 mainly due to the bargain price and can honestly say after a year (mine was one of the first batch in the UK) that its a top motor. They've also just stuck the 225 engine in it too for the model year 04 cars so it just gets better. cool.gifECLIPSe.gif

Plus as you can see with Revo its a bit of a beast.

Full press release here...

http://www.seatcupra.net/reviews.php?descrip=03/07/03%20Leon%20Cupra%20R%20225hp

Well, I'm going to have a nose round my local dealer tomorrow. It has a great deal to live up to to make me want one over the S3 but I'd be a fool not to look around at alternatives. Tried the CTR - not my cup of tea. UHOH7.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

I just don't like the looks or the cheap interior so I wouldn't buy one if it was £10k

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheap interior?... its virtually the same as the S3 so how do you work that one out. The dash is the same moulding but has a slightly different finish and the centre console is also different. The door cards on the Cupra are much nicer than the S3 ones and the standard sound system is spot on, way better than the S3 with Bose. Just my opinion anyway, not looking for a flaming war... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Cheap interior?... its virtually the same as the S3 so how do you work that one out. The dash is the same moulding but has a slightly different finish and the centre console is also different. The door cards on the Cupra are much nicer than the S3 ones and the standard sound system is spot on, way better than the S3 with Bose. Just my opinion anyway, not looking for a flaming war... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

ok probably exaggerated about the 10k thing and if I had a restricted budget I would consider one but the interior (though based on the A3 in sections) looked cheaper and felt cheaper - as you would expect as it is cheaper

IMHO of course

I have Revo'd loads of Leons recently & the general feedback is very good, it's not an S3 as we all know but its cheaper & does go well when chipped, i suppose you pays your money & takes your choice ! smirk.gif

I've got nice spec S3's from £14,995 in stock so you can buy them very reasonably at the moment, i'm not sure how much Seats start from but i would have thought that you would get a newer lower mileage on for the same money. notworthy.gif

Mark rocketwhore.gif

Ok, so now I have driven a LCR. All I can say is what a car. Admittedly I have not driven that many fast cars (CTR and but the Leon provided more fun and a bigger grin than an S3 ... and I can't really work out why. I am now seriously tempted.

Perhaps it was because I went out on my own without the dealer for 30 mins or perhaps it was the gearing that meant the car felt much faster and more usable.

I can vouch for the stereo too - it is really good.

The interior is not as nice as the S3 that is for sure but I could certainly live with it.

What a dilemma.