Insurance for R32

Fucawi

R32 on order due end of August, but originally put my name on the list last August, but will wait for '53' reg in Sept. Blue, Black Leather, Sunroof and Delta.

Bell Direct have quoted £760, but then I am 32 and have full no claims and no convictions (yet!!) laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

R32 on order due end of August, but originally put my name on the list last August, but will wait for '53' reg in Sept. Blue, Black Leather, Sunroof and Delta.

Bell Direct have quoted £760, but then I am 32 and have full no claims and no convictions (yet!!) laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to try Bell Direct then.

Not long to wait for yours then beerchug.gif

have any of you tried for a quote from "Frizzel" who are part of "Liverpool Victoria"..ok I,m 51 clean licence and full No Claims...so to the price...£439 fully comp protected bonus...I know I,m one of the old guys...but hey what you got to loose give them a try...

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good quote . Is that with any discount for a tracker device ?

I found that elephant and admiral were about the best . Some were just laughable in how much they wanted to rip you off.

Bet you can not wait for it to arrive. Mine is due to be built Week 35 ( WC 28/8 ).

jump.gifjump.gif

Hi fellas....one thing to bear in mind with Elephant, and that is the replacement value on your car should it be written off in the first year (God forbid)! I rang Elephant and got by far the best quote (at least £100 better than anyone else). BUT, they don't pay out the cars new value if it's written off in the first year...only the trade in. So if you drive it away from the dealer and prang it within the first 10 minutes, you'll get what Glasses guide says it's worth! You can haggle, but you might lose all the value of the options at the very least. I confirmed this with one of their call-centre people, so be careful out there people. J.

Nice try matey....but you've obviously never had to haggle with an insurance company! Back in the days when IT contracts were plentiful, I bought a new TVR Chimaera. This was in 1996 when there was a huge waiting list, and a 6 month old would sell for above list in the same way that BMW Z4's do now. I then wrote it off five weeks into ownership. The policy I had covered the cost of a brand new identical replacement in the first year....but because I was pretty young and had just had a huge fault accident, I found that insuring it again the following year would've been stupid money. So I opted for the cash, expecting them to pay out in full.....and bugger me, they turned round and offered me £4000 less than what I paid.....after about 3 months of to-ing and fro-ing, they finally agreed to £2500 less than list, regardless of how much evidence I gave them about current market valuations etc. I seriously thought about letting them buy me a new one and then selling it immediately, but it was more hassle than it was worth! J.

Insurance companies are a bunch of ******* !

You could of course get return to invoice insurance from a finance company when buying the car for about £450. Which means that even if you wrote it off in year 3 they would cover the difference between what the insurance pay out and what the car originally cost.

There are two types of gap insurance...

One which covers for the difference between what you owe on finance and what the insurance company give you . Should be no more than £250.

The other is return to invoice gap insurance which does exactly what it says. Should be about £450, but BMW tried to get one of our partners to pay £700 until we pointed out lombards price.

Jeremy, 2 of the partners recently went for this and we checked the policy very carefully and yes the owner would get the difference between what the car is worth and what it originally cost.