P*ssing down!

Ari

2.4 Weather jump.gif

I've just got back from weekend pottering around and I think the car is great with the roof up and I am not dreading going into the winter at all. smile.gif

The only downside I feel with the roof up is the reverse parking/manovering, due to the restricted vision. This isn't a critisism of the car (makes a change for me), but purely something that you are bound to have with a big convertible. crazy.gif

Think I may have to invest in some parking sensors. I couldn't justify the price Audi were charging when I bought the car. Would I have to have these colour keyed by a bodyshop before they were fitted or can they come colour keyed?? I'd have to find a competent Auto electric place to fit them, as no way would I let the Audi Dealer do it rocketwhore.gif

How do you find yours Ari?

Any suggestions guys smile.gif

Agree the cabrio is ace in "coupe" mode, you'd hardly know you were even in a cabrio with the top up, just feels like a snug and well appointed high quality coupe.

Reversing sensors, well when I ordered mine I had a list of five (I think) must have options, and the parking sensors were very much on that list. I find them terrific, very useful indeed. Only slight criticism is that they go "solid tone" (Ie telling you you are close enough) when you are still a foot or more away (probably to stop dozy drivers with slow reactions or backing up too fast from hitting anything) so if you want to get real close up to a wall or something you have to wait for it to go solid then inch back another six inches or so. I'd prefer it if it would bring you in closer. But yes, an absolute must on the cabrio given limited rear vision and quite a big car really.

Other "must haves" on my list for the cabrio were:-

Heated seats

Wind deflector

Bose hi-fi

Alloy wheel upgrade (although thats entirely subjective, but only about £110)

[ QUOTE ]

I find them terrific, very useful indeed. Only slight criticism is that they go "solid tone" (Ie telling you you are close enough) when you are still a foot or more away (probably to stop dozy drivers with slow reactions or backing up too fast from hitting anything) so if you want to get real close up to a wall or something you have to wait for it to go solid then inch back another six inches or so. I'd prefer it if it would bring you in closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can change when the tone goes solid with vag-com!

grin.gif

Ari, your getting "Old Timers" - thought you knew everyone's option by heart yelrotflmao.gif

Anyway here it is again: grin.gif

Chosen By Me:

2.4 Non-Sport cool.gif

Multitronic cool.gif

CD Changer in Glovebox cool.gif

Upgrade on tyres 215/55/16 mad.gif but maybe cool.gif

Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar cool.gif

3 Spoke Sports Steering Wheel cool.gif

Black Seats/Dash cool.gif

Grey Headlining cool.gif

FOC Options by Audi:

Knackered Steering Rack mad.gif

Various Rattles/Squeaks/Creaks

Sticking Ignition Barrel

FOC Options by Dealer:

Baked on watermarks after complimentary wash mad.gif

Scratches to boot mad.gif

Scratches to side of car mad.gif

As you can tell by my last couple of posts, I am feeling a bit more positive about the car ...... at the moment.

I think the letters that went in the post today made me feel better too the_finger.gif

Right on target: way too quiet. I got them after sales too, but the audi dealer had a special offer. Skiped on any display since most of the after sales ones are ugly and there's no smart space on the dashboard for it anyway.

They have quite nice (OEM) looking sensors meanwhile, I doubt however, that you can get color coded ones on the after sales market. If you do, let me know where.

In hindsight, it was not much cheaper, so I'd recommend to order them in the first place.