The New 6th Generation Golf

SL26UK

"This week the mag's exclusive images prove that the sixth generation Golf is <font color="red">already on the way to the showrooms</font>."

What are they talking about? It's two years away! That reminds me why I stopped my subscription - too much tabloid-style sensationalism.

That cover pic has already been posted on TSN a few weeks ago. AutoExpress might be interesting to read but they tend to be unreliable.....Only time will tell.

I really don't like those chromey 'eyelids' to the fog panels. At least there's no sign of the VW corporate codpiece aka silver nose as on Mk5 R32 and Jetta etc etc etc et al. A bit too bland Audi-like in appearance for my taste. However, the GTI version might be more exciting in style.....We live in hope.

784111-car_portal_pic_25223.jpg

post-10081-137914354578_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

AutoExpress might be interesting to read but they tend to be unreliable.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Until about 3 months ago I'd have agreed with you Robin. I receive Auto Express on subscription and about 99% of them remained unopened.

However....of late they have been proven correct on almost every spyshot they've unveiled. Something has definately changed and I reckon they've got that picture pretty much 100%.

On that basis - I think it looks hideous.

Why on earth take a good looking car and give it the guppy face of an A3, blighting it with the family ugliness that is currently assigned to Audi front's alone.

If I was a Golf owner I'd be very disappointed indeed, yet somewhat pleased that my own car looks a hell of a lot better than what it's to be replaced with.

[ QUOTE ]

I reckon they've got that picture pretty much 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a spyshot it's an artist impression (and a pretty poor one at that).

They're probably basing their 'art' on rumors, i'd take it with a pinch of salt.

It looks ok, bit too 'guppy' for me too 169144-ok.gif

yelrotflmao.gif Just got in and the Auto Express on the doormat. I thought there may be a few opinions already on here! grin.gif Trying to be non biased having 'the old shape' still on order ROLLEY~14.GIF I do quite like the styling. It looks as if VW, Seat and Audi have had a good old gang bang and produced offspring EEK2.GIF I think those photoshopped images are based more on what the GTI / R32 (R36) could look like rather than a standard Golf. I'd put money on it that their new corporate bling bling chrome grill will feature on standard MKVI Golf models. Glad to see it's for 2008...if it was 2007 I might have been tempted to cancel my order shocked.gif

If these pics are pukka then this is the best looking golf ever!

I have owned 9 golfs upto just before the mk 5 was released, and i thought it looked average so went for an A3 instead. The mk 6 could be the golf that draws me back to vw. It looks like it should belong as part of the audi family and the front looks even more aggressive than the A3. Oh and if anyone else has a copy of the mag handy then the R36 looks pretty naughty too. Especially with those 19" Gallardo replica rims!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

If these pics are pukka then this is the best looking golf ever!

I have owned 9 golfs upto just before the mk 5 was released, and i thought it looked average so went for an A3 instead. The mk 6 could be the golf that draws me back to vw. It looks like it should belong as part of the audi family and the front looks even more aggressive than the A3. Oh and if anyone else has a copy of the mag handy then the R36 looks pretty naughty too. Especially with those 19" Gallardo replica rims!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I earlier attached a scan including a picture in the R32 forum regarding the new R36 article in Auto Express. wink.gif