• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why will you go for the diesel over the petrol when you've ordered a petrol TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Torque, my 2.4 Alfa is like dung.gif off a shovel and thats 50bhp down on the latest M-Jet variant in the 159 and Brera. notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I demode the diesel Brera, because all the demos are diesel. There will be no 3.2's in the country for another couple of months. However, now I have driven it I feel that this is the best model to go for. The 3.2 is only 1.3 seconds faster to 62mph, which means in the real world there would be very little in it. Then there is the extra range, quieter cruising etc to consider. The Breras big problem is weight. A 3.2 4WD Brera is nearly 250Kg heavier than a 3.2 Quattro Mk2 TT. The diesel is better equiped to deal with the weight.

Neil, I had heard that the diesel was to have the 4WD system, but have been informed that this wont happen in the UK.

[ QUOTE ]

It makes a much nicer noise than an S3 for example

[/ QUOTE ]

tongue.gif

Well, I'm still to be convinced, every diesel I've been in has sounded awful (but I've not been in many & never driven one. a few Skoda/Ford taxis, a Landcruiser & a clio is my experience of diesel) All I find is that when an A4 diesel rags it off the lights you get a turbo whoosh plus a racket of nails. Yuck!

I alos think that a nicer sound makes you feel like you're going faster - my S3 doesn't feel as fast as the SLK 320, but on my performance benchmark tests (little strips o road that are good for a bast (grin.gif)) they're almost identical. Or my dad's mini cooper S which feels faster than my S3 when the supercharge is whining, but really is nowhere near as fast. IMO noise is v v important in the driving experience. 169144-ok.gif

PS> An S3 does sound bad frown.gif but I just think of her as a Glasgow girl - fast, good looking, nice to be with, but she could do with a sexyer voice..! grin.gif

I can assure you my Diesel has an Alfa/5 pot growl to it, and only sounds like a diesel for the first few mins of a journey until it's warmed up.

Jim, weight is the biggest complaint I have heard people talk about the Brera and 159. The 159 looks like a right fatty in the metal, and looks more like it's verging on the size of a 166 rather then 156.

There are conflicting reports about the Q4 system been installed on the JTD's in the UK, some people are saying yes others are saying no. I hope it's a yes, so it can properly use all the power and torque available to it and it doesnt end up been like the mess that is the 147 GTA.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

salon04_033.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine that for a sight when you open your garage door!!

Hubba hubba!! 123576-assfeck.gif

"Heyya babya, mea or the cara firsta?"

"I'll take the brera first please maria - i'll be back in 10 mins - when i get back i'll have a pizza and then take it from there..."

Some nice piccies 169144-ok.gif.

But back to the Brera - looks like another near miss for Alfa to me! And that's sad. I've had a couple of Alfa's in the past and loved them but the Brera doesn't make me tempted to splash the cash. Undoubtedly stunning from some angles but why did they have to get the centre console from Aiwa?

Now an 8C that seems to be a different prospect altogether! Just fail to see why they can't build one for nearer £40K than the mooted £80k

I read it to Garcon, the Brera isn't really an EVO car. But it is a nice car to live with. I noticed the turbo lag as well. 60 mph in 6th at about 1700rpm, you put your foot down and it takes a full 6 seconds for the turbo to spin up. Alfa have very thoughtfully provided a boost gauge to make this more obvious.