Which oil do they use???

Argus

just been in touch with my local VW dealer to buy a litre of oil for topping up purposes...I thought it would be VW,s own synta gold they would use...but its seems the R32 comes with Castrol SLX long life added....do you guys agree with this statement before i top-up???

The R32 comes with Long Life in code: 0W30. This was the oil for the my old S3 but i've been told that these kind of motors, with so high temperatures need a very good oil and with a code enough high to avoid any damage in the situations you are pushing very, very hard and there are high temperatures (+35º), so I'm considering to change my oil to a 5W40 and make the service at 15.000 kms and no at 30.000 kms... confused.gif

L3ETT, If you do that, you can only put maximun half a litter because otherwise you loose the Long Life, so you will have to pass for SERVICE OIL at 15.000 kms or each year and not 30.000 kms or 2 years, but you will more protected for High temperatures, less for cold temperatures (but enough for -15º) wink.gif

I'm talking about Oil codes, anybody knows where we can find a list with all the range temperatures that correspond to Oil codes??

Here in Spain they put Repsol Elite Competition or Castrol (Code Long Life II in 0W30), in 0W30 or 5W40 depending if you have or not LLife wink.gif