SMART Roadster

snez22

I think they are terrific, but priced too close to a real car.

I think they're about £13K+, you could get an MX5 with a real engine rather than a hairdrier engine for not a lot more.

If they were £10K they'd be spot on though.

[ QUOTE ]

the MX5 is getting on a bit though and it is a pure girls car. i like the look of the roadster with its big wheels and group 8 insurance. 40mpg too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't disagree, but it is a proper car, not a toy one...

I was just using it as an example of how too much money the Smart is. Pity really, it'd be a massive hit otherwise!

[ QUOTE ]

Dude, I saw pics somewhere of a couple Smart Roadsters with "Plates" on the front which read "V6 Turbo"

Could you imagine a Turbo V6 of ANY size in one of them things

[/ QUOTE ]

You read right, though its not quite as good as it sounds. They take 2 of the 3 cyl turbo engines and bolt them together. Apparently they produce about 170BHP but at the moment they are for a racing series only though they may put it into general production.

Cheers,

Chris.

I like them but i would definately wait and see if they make the following, taken from latest EVO mag:-

[ QUOTE ]

BITURBO SMART ON TEST: Smart has built eight prototype Roadsters with experimental V6 bi-turbo engines. Two standard Smart engines have been joined to create a 1.4 litre twin-turbo unit and despite the modest capacity, the new engine is good for 170bhp and 162lb ft of torque. Smart says the prototypes should be able to hit 62mph in under six seconds and run on to a 137mph The cars have been built to take part in a festival for the 100th anniversary of motorsport at Solitude, near Stuttgart.

[/ QUOTE ] beerchug.gif