one for all - kameleon

DHA

Get the Marantz RC5000 (Philips Pronto) - it can control virtually anything that uses IR codes and is touch-screen. Also has macro facility so you can turn on/off several things at the push of a button. Damn nice!

It can be programmed either via a PC interface or you can teach it codes from your existing remotes.

The new ones are colour and are quite expensive, but you should be able to pick up and older one of Ebay for about £100.

Trev

Ive got the phillips pronto too and is a great remote but the silly bleeder doesnt work with my cable box.

Unfortunatley for me the kameleon does work it.

A freind of mine has a kameleon and says it is agood remote apart from the annoying buzzing noise that eminates from it. Usually ok when u turn the brightness right down on it.

Oh and if u do a search for it i believe there is a replacement due out soon for it which is even better.

[ QUOTE ]

Ive got the phillips pronto too and is a great remote but the silly bleeder doesnt work with my cable box.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes the old Pace 2400's - I can almost hear the marketing/design meeting now...

"Hey, I've got this great idea. Let's put a cheap, non-standard IR interface in our new box, then no-one's multi-remote will work with it. Then we'll be able to sell more remotes for when people lose/break theirs." smile.gif

'tis funny really, as my RC5000 even managed to control a Kenwood AV amp I have which has the IR interface from hell (all undocumented and at some wierd IR frequency), yet the Pace box seems to be summink else entirely.

Bet it save 'em a quid on each box, though - that's profit margin for you wink.gif

BTW, are you coming to our Northern meet Mo ? Alison is, so you'll know at least one person there smile.gif