CSL vs M3

Brabus

Right...have had confirmation my lovely Carbon Black arrives on August 18th so I will take that.

Would have loved to get the CSL but it aint practical as an everyday car, there are too many issues with the Cup tyres and delivery would be at least another 3 months from now.

Ah well, it was a nice dream... heart.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

20K is alot of difference but this is not quite correct. A well specced M3 would turn out to be about 8-10K less depending on country/spec.

Also, you get both aircon and radio in the CSL.

Having tested both they are two totally different cars. When money permits I WILL have one grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have read reviews from Autocar and Evo on the CSL and am still not convinced........

Fully specced M3 Coupe = £45k

Fully specced M3 CSL = £60k

So £15k difference gets you a carbon fibre roof and a bit of carbon fibre in the interior, plus marginal extra performance.

It seems that most of the benefit is in the new Cup tyres - which presumably you could buy for the M3 and keep as a set solely for track use ( maybe £2000 for tyres plus alloys ?) given how pants these are in wet conditions.

Let's face it things do tend to get a bit rainy in the UK...........

I still think that you'd be better off with M3 Coupe plus extra set of track tyres plus used Lotus Elise (plus change £££££ !!).

Not having a go at anyone who's got one, just saying I'm not sure of the point......

ECLIPSe.gif

Sidicks

Not quite right there.

A fully spec'd M3 is nearly £52K and the CSL is about £60K...

As I tried to emphasize before they are very different cars. Because of the weight-saving in the CSL the car had to be re-desigend (lay-out wise) in terms of its weight distribution. The engine has been re-worked, suspension is much firmer.

You are also paying a premium for having a limited edition car, which should *hopefully* hold its value better.

If i was offfered the M3 csl or an fully loaded M3.. It would be the fully loaded one every time. All you need to do is get in the car with navi and the bits and realise it is nicer. But then i am the guy that bought an R32 over the evo becasue of all the extra alloys and would buy a 996TT over a GT2 if they were the same price. An M3 is a car which you could get in every day and thisnk.... ahhh this was worth it. With the csl anyone in the right mind will be scepticle and resent the fact they could have had a car with marginally less performance, very similar looks and all the extras for 15k less... TO me the CSL is just for rich collectors whos only intrest in the car is for its very unique status.

Thnank you and good night beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If i was offfered the M3 csl or an fully loaded M3.. It would be the fully loaded one every time. All you need to do is get in the car with navi and the bits and realise it is nicer. But then i am the guy that bought an R32 over the evo becasue of all the extra alloys and would buy a 996TT over a GT2 if they were the same price. An M3 is a car which you could get in every day and thisnk.... ahhh this was worth it. With the csl anyone in the right mind will be scepticle and resent the fact they could have had a car with marginally less performance, very similar looks and all the extras for 15k less... TO me the CSL is just for rich collectors whos only intrest in the car is for its very unique status.

Thnank you and good night beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one thinking along these lines !

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my CSL for two weeks now and it drives & handles like no other car I have driven! It's a completely different driving experience to the standard M3! The sound it makes is amazing....the SMG box is sorted too!...the handling is increadible.... Once you have driven one you can easily justify the extra 20k cost!!! What a machine!

OOOO my god i would pay 60k for that smlove2.gif I am now in love and want to make a new 10 car garage... beerchug.gif

It does look differant to the M3, you can even tell by the look of the composite tyres, but i bet they wont last fro long grin.gif

When you ordered it, were yo not bothered by the premium, and are you now satisfied now.

P.S where do you live??