LM06 Thread

DHA

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My friend who I am travelling with bought a coolbox which actually does keep food cold for 5 days from an American camping site. It was about £35 but we'll be using it for Le Mans and all other camping for ages to come! Carrefour is the answer to most food problems and it is fairly cheap. The only issue as Daz said is Bacon... get it in the UK or risk eating some strange pork product that the French call ba-con! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

... you should build and worship your own Rotisserie of Joy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of beercans if last year is anything to go by...

You know I'm sure I was just down from the Tyresmoke compound last year, I'm sure I remember seeing the baner and admiring the cars. Were you all in Tetre Rouge?

[ QUOTE ]

Bacon???

You should eat creamy Camembert and Brie for breakfast, bbq's and fast food at all other times and on Saturday night you should build and worship your own Rotisserie of Joy!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I prefer the liquid breakfast/lunch/dinner - champers anyone? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I prefer the liquid breakfast/lunch/dinner - champers anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say that again Bazza 169144-ok.gif

All the important stuff has been listed already Dave.

The thing to remember is that LM is a learning curve - this is my 3rd visit and you will pick up different things each time.

Whatever ends up happening, its always good to go with the flow and chill out.

There is the night time practice on thursday night, a HUGE PH inspired meet on the Friday morning at Arnage corner where everyone parks at the side of the raod and watches all the fabcy metal cruise about, followed by a nice lunch / beer in Arnage vilalge - then there is a choice of a visit to the open pit lane, or a trip into LM town for the Driver's Parade.

I havent made the parade yet, but have heard good things - so maybe this year, eh lads wink.gif ?

Friday night is mayhem - there are a veriety of crazy places for crazy driving - either to watch or participate in. There is also the 3.00am visit to Arnage / indianapolis corners to really take advantage of being on the actual track wink.gif169144-ok.gifECLIPSe.gif

Saturday is a mad rush for some breakfast before the traffic gets too bad to drive anywhere - followed by some sunbathing before the start of the race.

Saturday night is spent either drinking or moving around the track watching the race - or both 169144-ok.gif

And so on into Sunday.

I'm sure I will regret not taking the Golf (if I ever get it back from VW!!) but still, I cannot wait.

It really is a 'glastonbury for petrol heads' jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What should I expect?

[/ QUOTE ]Friday Evening

Friday!

[ QUOTE ]

How fast will les gendarmeries allow you to drive?

[/ QUOTE ] As Fast As You Like! Changes from Province to Province, just don't get caught! hold off, wait until something very fast goes past you, count to 30 then go after him...

[ QUOTE ]

What should I take?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drugs - for the sh1ts from Pikey Burgers

Drugs - for the hangover of doom, it's too hot to sleep it off!

We (The ButtMonkeys) take everything! Generators, Fridges, Rotiserries, Shower, 12 Berth Paddling Pool, Ice Maker - the list goes on but you can do without all that crap and just take plenty of Cash, Bog Roll a frickin big Umbrella (for the sun more than the rain!)

and get plenty of sleep the week before!!!

[ QUOTE ]

My attempt to sleep it off was cut very short with someone doing a petrol go-ped burn out in my tent

[/ QUOTE ]

Serves you right for making us all listen to your dance music all night wink.giftongue.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Those Danish BMW dudes loved you yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Ah the mayhem...can't wait 169144-ok.gif

You just need to be a bit careful.

Keep all valuables locked into your car, as there can be the odd bit of pilfering around the site, but (touch wood) we have never had a problem in terms of BBQs or gazebos etc.

Personal security is fine, but watch out for water pistols - drive with your windows closed and AC on - if you won't do random burn outs then you will get the car soaked... that is one part than can get quite tiresome - as the chavs will shoot at anything, rrof up or down, and that may stop some of the nicer cars from coming out....

As for your tent, see here:

Gallery is closed for maintenance. That's a shame, as somwhere in there is a video from LM04 where some crazy, stupid, drun English stag party drove their caterfield thingy over some Danish guy's tent. I think they took a big dung.gifin his silly car later on!!!

Seriously thoug, I would be surprised at anything like a burning tent, unless it was from a rouge firework blush.gif169144-ok.gif

grin.gif all sensible precautions should be taken - I've heard of a few bits going missing but 99.9% of the people there are there for the right reasons 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif If I remember correctly, Lagoo managed to leave the kitty (comprising of several hundred Euros) in the beer pocket of one of the camping chairs all day and it was still there on our return yelrotflmao.gif

grin.gif Not heard of any tents being burnt down - just stay away from the fireworks display! The closest I got to a problem was a motorhome that arrived in the middle of the night and nearly ran me over in my tent EEK2.GIF

That Friday evening movie brings back some great memories. I am sure I saw myself in there somewhere 169144-ok.gif

Did you guys see the scooter with the fireworks attached to the back who had his own display going on round the roundabout?? 169144-ok.gif

Can't wait for this year, see you at the roundabout and SPIN IT 169144-ok.gif