Open Rolling Road day at AmD September 9th 2006

shark_90

I've been discussing the possibility of arranging a Rolling Road day with AmD for up to 15 cars. We have managed to finalise the arrangements and they are as follows:

Date: Sunday 30th July 2006

Location: AmD Technik, Telford Rd Industrial Estate, Bicester OX26 4LD

Time: TBC

The idea is that we have 15 bookable places to get your car on the rolling road. The price (if we get all 15 places booked) is £30 per run, and AmD will provide you with a printout of your BHP and torque graphs. This day isn't for any particular type of cars and is open to all members of TSN - AmD have a 4WD rolling road so everyone is welcome on the dyno.

I am also going to promote this as a meet, as Jo has suggested we take a BBQ and some grub and invite a few people round. They're going to try to rustle up some cars and so they're going to try to have their Mk5 GTi there for people to see, and also a B7 RS4 169144-ok.gif Hopefully a day like this will also bring a wide range of cars from TSN out the woodwork, so it should work out to be a good day beerchug.gif

So we need to start a list of people that want to go on the dyno, and those that want to come for the day to meet/spectate. As normal could you please add yourself to the relevant list at the bottom of the page. AmD will require a deposit so they know we're serious - I'm happy to handle that but the point is please don't put your name down for the dyno unless you are serious about coming, and don't mind paying the £30 for the run 169144-ok.gif

I have specifically asked for this date as the Castle Combe Autometrix track day is on Saturday 29th, so even northerners (such as myself) can come on the Sunday and make a weekend of it. If someone travelling back north wishes to have their run in the morning as to not get back too late, I'm sure we could arrange it.

If anyone has a decent BBQ and/or fancies being chef for the day, please shout up!

Lets make this a proper TSN meet and get a decent turnout 169144-ok.gif

Dyno: shark_90 - A4 1.8T quattro - 1 person

Spectators:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dyno: shark_90 - A4 1.8T Quattro - 1 person

Dyno: Mook - Mk4 R32 - 1 person

Spectators: Botang - A8 4.2QS - 1 person

Dyno: Avus Bub - A4 1.8T Quattro 1 person (maybe 2 wiil let you know)

Nice one Shark. I told you I fancied another power run this year. 169144-ok.gif

BUB beerchug.gif

Shark90, Can you count me in as a Spectator? Only had the R for a few days now but should be fully worked in by then and would be great to meet some of you guys.

Cheers,

Come on everyone, Check out the meets on Vwvortex, those guys know how to do it.

Right lets tidy the list up a bit. Can we go on adding our names to the relevant part of the list as usual please? Just copy the existing list and paste it into a new post and add your name to either the Dyno or Spectator list. Just keeps it nice and tidy 169144-ok.gif

Dyno:

shark_90 - A4 1.8T Quattro - 1 person

Mook - Mk4 R32 - 1 person

Avus_Bub - A4 1.8T Quattro 1 person (maybe 2 wiil let you know)

Ian_G - Mk 5 R32

Spectators:

Botang - A8 4.2QS - 1 person

sparkzz

insurance_jon - B7 RS4 or Ram SRT-10

Helfinger - "tinkered" Mk4 R32

Dan32 - Mk4 R32

S3_ENVY

Splendub

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Right lets tidy the list up a bit. Can we go on adding our names to the relevant part of the list as usual please? Just copy the existing list and paste it into a new post and add your name to either the Dyno or Spectator list. Just keeps it nice and tidy 169144-ok.gif

Dyno:

Ian_G - Mk 5 R32

Spectators:

sparkzz

Dan32 - Mk4 R32

S3_ENVY

Splendub

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I'd bump this up Shark.

Feck me you're going to have a busy weekend aren't you?!!

BUB blush.gif

Dyno:

Ian_G - Mk 5 R32

A8_Tony - A8 4.2 QS - 1 Person smile.gif169144-ok.gif

Spectators:

sparkzz

Dan32 - Mk4 R32

S3_ENVY

Splendub

Sorry guys, can't do this now, so the updated list should be:

Dyno:

Ian_G - Mk 5 R32

A8_Tony - A8 4.2 QS - 1 Person

Spectators:

sparkzz

Dan32 - Mk4 R32

S3_ENVY

Splendub

beerchug.gif

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Right guys, we really need to get this one off the ground if it's going to happen. AmD have said they'll have a Mk5 GTi and B7 RS4 down there for us to have a look at, and if we're interested (and we could organise it) then a BBQ might be a good idea too.

Shame you can't make it Mook, but I'll see you at CC anyway 169144-ok.gif

We're looking to fill the 15 places if possible, and I need to confirm numbers on Friday morning please boys and girls grin.gif