Quiet on the Cab front today

Have to say this has got to be one of the quietest days on here ROLLEY~14.GIF

No posts since 8:00am this morning shocked.gif

Maybe people are like me and starting to get their cars sorted at last. I seem to be having more success at finding the source of a rattle than Audi grin.gif

Had a really annoying one in behind the radio or so I was informed, but it turns out its the metal surround to the gear selector. Pulled off the trim, spread some vaseline and "hey presto" gone smirk.gif

Hope to have a great weekend cruisng around ..... fingers crossed yelrotflmao.gif

Hope you all do too smile.gif

I guess a lot of regular contributors are on holiday. I don't believe that Cab owners just log on to moan - as I see it most of us started off being enthusiastic about their forthcoming Cabs but then felt somewhat disenchanted by their quality problems.Although I had my fair share of early rattle problems these have been fixed for a long time and have not come back. My remaining gripes are : Airbag fault light keeps coming on , steering rack groans , 2.4 deadfully underpowered e.g a steep hill I regularly have to go up near home requires 1st gear whereas in my wifes 1.4 A Class it's 2nd , trying to hill start smoothly is also very difficult. Cab still looks great but at times think looks aren't everything!!

Mark _Yorkshire

Got to agree with Mark, I have mentioned my issues from time to time, but mainly I come on here cos I'm so enthusiastic about the car and like chatting to other enthusiasts.

To be honest it strikes me that a lot of moans are dealer related, rather than the car itself, although I appreciate one or two people have been unlucky, Az in particular...

Despite my issues I still wouldn't want another type of car, I just love them!! smlove2.gif

I chose my engine based on John Simister's review (and, more importantly, personal test drives, of course). He remarked on sluggish petrol engine performance (great engines, but not quite up to the heavy body) and, particularly, pointed out that the 2.4 struggles on hills. Interesting to see it confirmed - I'm off to the Lakes later in the year.

I actually took his suggestion at face value, though most of you wouldn't - I bought a diesel! Must say, it goes like a bomb, purrs smoothly once you're over 15 mph, and laughs at hills.

Good.... If it works for you, where you live and for your expectations of speed, then it's obviously the right engine. Personally I've become a low-end torque afficonado and would probably have gone for the 1.8T if I'd gone for petrol; but it's nice to know I can load up with luggage and rear seat passengers and still remain nippy, which I don't think the 1.8 would.