Electric Window Problem

AndyMJreg

Please help I have got a 316I and when the drivers window gose up and down it sticks at the front I have got two new clips for the insode of the door put the problem was there before the clips where broken motor etc looks fine and was working fine it is just that the window went up and down at a funny angle and broke the clips.

Please help

Andy M

[ QUOTE ]

Please help I have got a 316I and when the drivers window gose up and down it sticks at the front I have got two new clips for the insode of the door put the problem was there before the clips where broken motor etc looks fine and was working fine it is just that the window went up and down at a funny angle and broke the clips.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what would cause it to go up and down at a funny angle (sticking at the front) and how I could solve it

Please help the car is a 5 door saloon j reg

Andy M

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to let you know that I have now fixed this problem and if any of you get it in the future then here is what you need to do.

1) take of the door pannel

2) you will see (looking through the small hole at the frount of the door) that there is a strip of rubber going up the inside, BMW did not have this part on there system so I could not buy a replacment

3) take the rubber off and smeer it with vasalene

4) replace the rubber back onto the inside of the door (eaiser said then done)

5) there is also a bolt attached to one of the arms of the winding system and is in the bottom right of the door

6) adjust this bolt as it can become loose and it is used to make sure your windows go up and down correctly

7) once you have done all of this try the window severl times to make sure that the rubber etc is back in the correct place

8) put door pannel back on

9) enjoy

This problem had been there for 15 months BWM once told me it was going to cost £240.00 +VAT per door and they did not know what the problem was it cost me £10.00 as I had to buy a star set of tools.