Bird Droppings

Dav1

Autoglym Fast Glass will shift it, I am pretty sure. IT may be called fast glass, but it is designed and intended to be used on paintwork too.

"Autoglym Fast Glass is free of abrasive, silicones and waxes and leaves no residue. As it contains no abrasives, it is especially redcommended for use on acrylic and plastic windows where an abrasive cleaner could etch and haze the surface with frequent use.

Autoglym Fast Glass can also be used on interior plastics to remove dust and on paintwork to safely remove insects, tree sap and bird droppings if immediate washing is inconvenient."

I used it for bugs I couldnt shift, and it did exactly what it said on the tin! Only proviso is that you MUST rewax the area immediately afterwards as any wax could be removed. Did a great job with some minor blemishes and water marks I noticed on the wife's car too.

Raman, ive had the same problems with these littel feckers, the shite eats into the laquer and u cant get it out unless u use a mild T-Cut and then wax it straight away afterwards.

I stupidly left a big lump of shite on the bonnet and got baked on by the heat and its eaten through my laquer and now the bonnet needs respraying !!

rocketwhore.gif

I've got the same problem on the roof, about the size of a 10p piece.

The lacquer has gone hazy where the sh!te was, but i swear blind it was on no longer than a day.

I've used scratchx to no avail.

Now the car is still under paint warranty (less than 2 years old) and supposedly supaguarded buy the dealer (freebie to make up up for other feck up), so I'm going to take it in and see what they say. First of all the paint shouldn't do this in my opinion, and secondly the supaguard is meant to protect it!!

• 2 weeks later...