R32 Mania!

jeremyadamson

Hey fellas......how many of you R32 owners would be interested in attending a nationwide R32 event?? I was considering organising something - wouldn't be anything special, but who knows - we might be able to get companies like Revo, AMD and maybe even VW involved if there were alot of us gathered in one place. The only thing is, there would be little point in spending too much time on it unless we were numbering 75-100 cars. Does anyone have any idea how many R32 owners are members on here?? J. wink.gif

Cheers,

J.

Excellent idea Jeeeezzzaaaa! Might be an idea to repost in mid sept as alot of cars are coming at that time (week 35 build) so you might get a better response. When you have come up with a location could you draw a map for all of us without sat nav yelrotflmao.gifthe_finger.gif

Luke

OK guys....that's enough interest to start looking into it properly. Was thinking that we could do something a bit good, like a mini-show, with some sponsoring companies etc. Maybe tying in with the other threads about AMD discounts for bulk purchases. If there were hundreds of customers in it, it really could be a good thing for loads of different kit, especially tuning stuff and ICE.....I'll keep you all posted. Might be a couple of weeks before I have anything to report, so bear with me, but I've taken on board eveything that you've all said...cheers,J.

I dont think my car is fast enough... i am really not happy with the power... You get the great initial kick to begin but the midrange is crap and dosent free rev nicely... If AMD can sor that with a re-map and miltek then 100%... but when i spoke to them they said in around 6moths to a year they will have a supercharger upgrade for the R32 boosting between 300-400bhp, and a considerable gain in torque...

My brain is telling me to hold my horses, just incase this upgrade could make my dreams come true (without sounding like peter pan). The supercharger will have the greatest chance of freeing up the midrandge, and boosting the initial speed of the car as well as power delivery...

Then again.. if the group buy considerably lowers the price then i could probably be persuaded beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think my car is fast enough... i am really not happy with the power... You get the great initial kick to begin but the midrange is crap and dosent free rev nicely... If AMD can sor that with a re-map and miltek then 100%... but when i spoke to them they said in around 6moths to a year they will have a supercharger upgrade for the R32 boosting between 300-400bhp, and a considerable gain in torque...

My brain is telling me to hold my horses, just incase this upgrade could make my dreams come true (without sounding like peter pan). The supercharger will have the greatest chance of freeing up the midrandge, and boosting the initial speed of the car as well as power delivery...

Then again.. if the group buy considerably lowers the price then i could probably be persuaded beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it your car is still new? My car has changed considerably (for the better) over the 5k miles I have done now. Car feels much faster and revs much smoother that it did. I felt exactly as you do when I got the car, just give it some time and you will see what we have all been ranting on about! jump.gif

its interesting because when I first test drove the R32, accelerated up the road, maybe 2-4k in 1st and 2nd (taking it easy) my first impression was oh no its gutless!

really thought there was no way I could swap my S3 for the R32, but then I tried out the handling and things got better, much better. It was a Friday afternoon and pretty busy so we cruised most of the way, but because I was unsure of the power I had a long test drive, and found that it didnt feel slow above 3K. The main thing was that it is so different to the turbo engine and I was just trying to drive it in the same way, which is wrong. The S3 feels quick on quarter throttle at 3k doing 30 mph, because the turbo starts to kick in

Dunc