R32 after market stereos

DuncS3

Not yet but I agree about the stereo sounding sh*te!

I play on getting this:

b_kdsh9101.jpg

JVC KDSH9101

I also looked at the Stealthbox Sub which fits in the wheelwell where the spare wheel would go, but I dont think it will fit because of the 4 motion transmission raising the boot.

There was a discussion on this the the ICE forum - maybe have a look there.

Who is this dealer and where are they situated. All my local ICE installers seem to be all flash and no in depth knowledge of the VW Gamma System. I have ordered the Delta upgrade for the R32, but by all acounts it is not worth the money. I have personally never had any problems with the Gamma in my 1.8T, but then I have never owned an Audi with a Bose system to compare it against.

Any info to get a line out to an amplifier or generally improve the system at a fairly low cost will be good, as I would rather spend the money on an AmD Chip and Exhaust Upgrade. UHOH7.GIF

The dealer is 001 Mobile Sounds in Salfords, Surrey, I have used them in the past and have always done a good job - the R32 is booked in on the 1 September, assuming it turns up mad.gif, so can give a better idea then.

I think they are sourcing the leads from Autoleads (www.autoleads.co.uk) who offer 2 adaptors for the Gamma, one to give pre-amp output and the other for the aux/phone input.

I would definatly recommend becker, i feel that as long as the speakers are the same as in the 1.8t, as long as you replace the head unit with a decent on the sound will be spot on. Any decent dealer will fit the stereo before you buy it for you to test the sound.

• 2 weeks later...

System installed today and first impressions are really good, different class to standard system. Worries about whether the Gamma would be a good enough source are gone lol.gif

Gamma and 6 disk changer have been linked to a Genesis 4 channel amp using an Autoleads adapter – big benefit of no spare wheel means a nice big place for installation which is totally out of sight, stock Philips speakers replaced with Focal units.

BIG disapointment, the sound system is sh1te even compared to my old V5 which had a much better Bass response, the R32 sound system is what I would expect to find in a Skoda, cardboard box sound system, much worse than I had expected........Really pissed! now gotta spend more money on an upgrade mad.gif and one of my number plate bulbs has already blown! in less than a week!!

On the good side, the engine and exhaust note are better than any band I've heard in the last twenty years smile.gif so I just open the windows and don't listen to anything else.

might have a problem when winter comes though!! crazy.gif

All is not as it should be confused.gif, noticed some interference from engine in quiet parts of tracks. Installer had a quick look on Saturday but could not cure it - going back next week for a proper look.

Their worry is the output from the Gamma is only 0.3-0.4 volts compared to 4 volts from something like the Mexico Pro, they can use a line driver to up the Gamma's output or it will be a change of head unit.