AMD 270 - how do they do it?

DuncS3

Alledgedly you can only get 270 with the Miltek cat back, chip alone is like 10 bhp increase. On the S3 a cat back will give you basically 1 bhp (if that) - so does anyone know the deal here? (obviously I could call them and ask but hey...)

Assuming the figures are correct I will be getting this when they bring out a dongle later this year (dont like physical chipping)

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]

I did call AMD today and they said approx 10 bhp for chip only, apparently its the exhaust that does the business...Can you post me your graphs when you get a chance as I am keen to get the conversion (cant get burnt up by my chipped S3 mates)

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you speak to Wando? smashfreakB.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I did call AMD today and they said approx 10 bhp for chip only, apparently its the exhaust that does the business...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that it's the other way around - i.e. the remap gives the most increase in power and the Milltek exhaust will only free up a few horses. When you look at the standard exhaust system there is some restriction there, but there's not a lot to improve on. From all accounts the exhaust is worth it though as it stops the boominess at 2000rpm.