Megane CC from MotorProvider

rhysey

Hi there, was just wondering if anyone on here had ordered a Megane CC from MotorProvider? I read on the VW boards that there had been some delays and dissatisfaction with people waiting on GTi orders, but does anyone know of any problems with Renault deliveries?

I ordered the car (Megane CC Dynamique 1.9dci 130) on Monday and was told by one guy the car would be at Sheffield in 2 weeks. When I phoned up later that day to confirm the order, it was likely to be less than two weeks. I just phoned up today and was told it would be two weeks from today... almost a week later. This latest info came through someone else who had to ask another salesperson what the expected date would be, but I'm keen to know if i'll have to wait much longer.

Cheers :-)

Cool, thanks. At least your tale kinda fits in with what the second guy said about it being less than the original two weeks quoted. Having read the stories on here I'm not hanging out for it being early, but I don't wanna wait much longer.

Did you/your dad have any problems insuring your Laguna? Endlseigh have said that as long as it's UK reg'd (which it will be) and features UK spec security equipment (which MotorProvider assures me it will) there won't be any probs insuring it. Is it recommended to inform insurers that it's a European Parallel import?

No problems at all.

All I have found though is if you ring a Renault dealer to get a part, and they ask for your reg no to ensure they get you the corerect bit, the reg isn't on Renault UK's database and they tell you "the car doesn't exist"

Nice one.

Drove my dad there when he picked up the Laguna. As it is next to Carcraft, he asked if the Companies were in any way related...the guy stopped smiling and said " I wouldn't but a car from those set of sh**heads if my life depended on it"

So...thats a no then!!!

Apparently a lot of people think the same thing, therefore dont approach Motorprovider.

sorry m8ckn

I dont understand the last entry ??

You stated that your father bought a laguna from motorprovider and he was very happy "no problems at all"

Then you mentioned in your last entry carcraft was next to motorprovider and then you say dont approach motorprovider.

I trust you meant carcraft was the ones not to go to smashfreakB.gif and not motorprovider as you were happy with motorprovider laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif !!

I have also heard bad news re carcraft. sportifs2.gif

I am also looking at a megane CC I am a little confused I noticed motorprovider have the new facelift model as others are offering the pre facelft model whats the difference as motorproviders cars are cheaper as the new model than others I have looked at and they are old models.

[ QUOTE ]

sorry m8ckn

I dont understand the last entry ??

You stated that your father bought a laguna from motorprovider and he was very happy "no problems at all"

Then you mentioned in your last entry carcraft was next to motorprovider and then you say dont approach motorprovider.

I trust you meant carcraft was the ones not to go to smashfreakB.gif and not motorprovider as you were happy with motorprovider laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif !!

I have also heard bad news re carcraft. sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You read it wrong, I mean some people don't approach MotorProvidor as they believe there is a connection with Carcraft, I didnt mean "dont approach as they are connected"

Could be read both ways. 169144-ok.gif

Some people (like Motorpoint) are offering what they think is the facelifted model, but until the car comes in they can't be certain, which is why I was reluctant to order one without being sure. The Motorpoint salesman told me that because they paid the same cost price for pre-facelift and post-facelift cars they had to RRP them the same, which means they have a ton of older looking cars in stock going for the same price as what are likely to be facelift cars on order!

MotorProvider are a wee bit more expensive than Motorpoint, but there's the guarantee that it's a facelifted model, and there are options to have things like the 17" Steppe alloys added that I chose, which Motorpoint, to my knowledge, don't offer.

The facelift of the Megane was reasonably significant: the most obvious exterior change is at the front where the grille either side of the Renault diamond is now flared outwards, so that it runs in line with the new reshaped headlamps. Coupled with a deeper and more rounded airdam it gives the car a more aggressive look at the front. They've also added the "RENAULT" name badge to the back of the Megane and other new cars because they're trying to increase brand awareness in Asia. Minor changes inside include added chrome effect trim, new fabrics and new engines (the 1.9 now has 130 instead of 120 bhp.)

[ QUOTE ]

No problems at all.

All I have found though is if you ring a Renault dealer to get a part, and they ask for your reg no to ensure they get you the corerect bit, the reg isn't on Renault UK's database and they tell you "the car doesn't exist"

[/ QUOTE ]

all that means is that the car isn't recognised by the registration number ROLLEY~14.GIF

if you enter the chassis number then the cars details will be displayed & there should be NO problem looking up & getting parts for it 169144-ok.gif

maybe ask for a copy of the ICM printout & have it with you as a reference wink.gif

Yes I think motorpoint were £50 cheaper but motorpoint cars only had a 2 year warranty and motorprovider had 3 yrs renault that started the day I collect my car also motorpoint cars were already registered so I would be the second owner and motorproviders cars were brand new and I would be the first registered keeper and UK registered....

After all this I fealt condident thta motorprovider knew what they were talking about and had cars instock to sell and other simply didnt have a clue.... Bought one from Motorprovider.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif