AMG Mercs

DHA

Seriously considering one, either SLK or CLK. Just fancy a car with good power but an auto as i cant be arsed crawling on the spur road into work in the mornings and killing my leg on the clutch.

I also fancy a convertible, but are mercs really old man? or should i try a maserati spyder?

I've had a couple, I thought they were old man at first, I got an offer I couldn't refuse, so decided to run one for a while... It was just a 280E but it was a great car, also ran a E320 Coupe for a month, man that was quick! if your looking at an AMG I wouldn't worry about the 'old man' thing at all, especially if you get hold of an SL55 jump.gif

A family member use to be a Sale Director for Merc' so i use to get rides in a lot of top end stuff... and the last thing I got a shot in was an SL55 AMG spruced up Kompressor V8 thing... It scared the crap out of me... yeah and so did the price!!!

I'd say, go for it, I don't know anyone who regrets taking on a Merc'

I like mercs - had a SLK for a while and it is a good car, driven a SLK32 and it is pretty good, fast, improved handling, hard top.

Be wary of colours as they can be hard to shift (mine was yellow and took an age to sell), for used I'd try to find one with bose option as standard sound system is dire.

Having said that - given your choice i'd have the masser any day - forget old mans car they are cool (IMO) have decent performance, trim and build all sorted and looks very good inside, and you can now get used new model year cars that haev lost a lot in the first 6 months making the depreciation less of a factor.

[ QUOTE ]

i guess i must just of seen a cabrio badged as a CLK55, i dunno these wnkrs that rebadge their cars as something they're not !!! ....i would never do anything like that !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Remind me of what the badge on the grill of your TDi says Burti???????????

MAsers look nice but for some reason I think of them as an expensive XJR - so for me an over 40s car only

Mercs in general are boring and I don't like the marque, by all accounts the SL55 is awesome but my general rule of thumb with Mercs is the larger they are the older you need to be

the only one I would want to own is that McClaren thingie or the new SLK AMG (the current one is starting to look old IMHO)