Cooper S vs. Scooby WRX STI

fjfr

I've gotta say, you are talking about country lanes, if they are anything like what I'd call a country lane round here then I'd guess that the Scobby driver just had more sense than you.

There are roads round here which you could hit 90-100mph in even in a hatchback, but the hedges are tall, the roads are narrow, the corners gradual but basically blind and anything coming the other way will kill you in an instant.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a new shape JCW Mini before getting my Golf and that was great fun (dyno'd at 214bhp). Cracking little cars indeed!!

Talking about classics, I did meet this one chap once in Norwich who had a Classic Mini Turbo. It had about 200bhp and he said that he needed 3 lanes of motorway cos the car torque-steered so much under hard acceleration yelrotflmao.gif

Great stuff 169144-ok.gif

• 8 months later...

No matter what the power difference is, following someone through tight twisty lanes is much easier than leading the way (unless your a complete nut job and don't care about on-comming traffic)

Maybe the Scooby driver was being sarcastic ? Did it sound like....."YEAAAR I was finding it hard to keep up"

coffee.gif

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

why? did you understeer through a hedge into a field ? tongue.gifjump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the funniest retorts I've read on an Internet forum for an absolute age...maximum respect fella!

Fjfr, I'd be happy to take you for a little trundle in the country in my "chav chariot"....just promise not to soil the seat now there's a good boy! grin.gif