Just got insured on the 430...

Woppum

First the insurance company said, not until your over 25. But I have just managed to get third party fire a theft. I will take it out over the weekend with a balaclava and specs (just in case anyone sees me sekret.gif). And do a review and direct comparison against the CSL... I havent driven one in a while, so as you can guess, I am very excited... 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its very diffrent to the 360 if thats what you mean.. Its like saying the 996 is the same as the 997. Its still a dramatic development. The ride, power and controlablity is a massive improvment. Im sure in the right hand it would be a great bit of fun. Id still wait for the F430 Challange though, with air con and a sterio! 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was no premium over my insurance as its company.

That was quite an old post, I have driven the car quite alot since then. I often get told to take it to stretch its legs as it hardly gets used and is simply sitting there gaining cob-webs this time of year.

It will be up for sale soon if anyone's interested. She has a new one arriving in Jan 07 so the crossover will be then. I estimate it will have 4k miles. 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

My old man has a few toys and just got the Lambo Gallardo in YELLOW. I have not driven it yet but my wee brother has been driving it nearly every day and loves it . We have a 360 CS and are getting a 430 Spider soon. I must say that I think the CS is the car for me I like the hard core like the CSL and the GT3 and would go as far to say that if you want a drivers car then the CS is prob better than a 430. I have told my Dad not to even bother getting the spider. The CS is just more planted and you feel confident to just plant the throttle and it is just so loud I love it. For me same with the 997 turbo he has a black one with the short shift box and I would rather have a GT3 or the RS but as I said before depends on what you are looking for. IMO the LAMBO good for the pose the 997 turbo your granny can drive it fast and the 360 CS for the balls out thrash just great I love that. I was lucky enought to be out in the 360 CS around Knockhill race circuit in Scotland and my friend Barry Horne was up he won the 2003 Porsche Cup Champ he took me out for a blast to show me how to drive ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so fast just great.

Hi Woppum

My brother has cover on the Lambo and the 997 turbo full time and when he takes the Ferrari out he just makes a call to the INS company and they cover him for the time he is out and he is only 23 it was the same for me then too. Something to do with a deal we have with them they get all our cars and the house ins plus we have built a relationship with them and they know that my brother and I have deen driving cars like these for a while. Its not like we are jumping straight from the Lupo GTI my brother used to have (trully great car) to a Lambo or a Ferrari and I must say my brother is a great driver its me that is the racer. But in saying that I did hear a story that he was spotted going along George Street in Edinburgh (that is a main street) in the 360 CS with sport on 1st gear setting car alarms off as if you have ever heard a CS you will know how loud they are.

Insurance isnt a problem now. There wasn't even a penny to pay to get me on at the ripe age of 21. However if I did have an accident I think they wouldan hesitate to take it away from me.

You have the Gallardo spyder. How are you finding it? Whats it like compared with the 430? I am in the process of securing a slot next year for a white one to replace the 430. Ferrari dealerships are too poncey, I cant stand them, we want out. Also the lambo has all the bits. It seems a much more sensible car...

Hi Woppum

The insurance do the same for us nothing to pay but jack up the excess so as long as you dont get into trouble you are ok.

We have the Gallardo COUPE as we are getting the 430 spyder and will keep both. IMO I am not a fan of soft tops I like cars you have to drive like the CSL ,GT3 and the 360 CS etc . The Lambo is great very easy to drive and live with it is like a fast Audi TT. We have a manual as the Ferrari 360 CS, 430 Spy and the M5 are Paddle with the E gear must be even better for cruising. I dont think the lambo will ever be as good as the Ferrari it just doesnt have the history , breeding ,noise,steering ,passion and well I am sure you will make up your own mind but need I go on . I have not driven the 430 yet but would go as far to say I like the 360 CS more its my sort of car. I think what the Lambo does better is well its got 4wd not for me but still good V10 engine easy to drive and looks so good yum yum the ladys love the YELLOW LAMBO. And WHITE someone bought a white one up at the Lambo dealer in Edinburgh they are saying its the new black on sports cars as I also saw a white 997 turbo.

You are so right about the dealers I sort out my Dads cars and my god its like they are doing you a favour selling you the car. I have been asking for a build slot or a date anything any info they just want more money then come out with some crap about if we fix ceramic brakes to it we will get it quicker so well we love them on the CS so on they went to the 430 spy think about £6500 and still no build date. I cant stand them either but what do you do.

You should have a great experience with Lambo as every Gallardo they sell could have been a 360 or 430 and they know that and are not cocky. The Lambo has all the bits yes but do you want it to be a sensible car of the little miles most of these cars do per year I want it to be well hard to say this but not perfect like the 997 turbo just not exciting anymore.

Well the lambo dealers in london are actually under the same umbrella as the Ferrari, so we will buy/service/bodyshop the car from Hudsons of London as with all the cars going forward par the Bentley GTC and Maybach... They are just so much more switched on and work around customer service rather than the pompous crap you get from Ferrari. We have a new 430 Spyder coming some time next year that we haven't specked, we will probably take delivery for it, you interested? Or possibly interested in our current one? It only has 3500 miles, but it wont be up for sale until just before summer next year when the Lambo comes (unless she changes her mind ROLLEY~14.GIF).

Anyway Vito give me a shout if your intrested 169144-ok.gif

Hey Vito, I managed to get in to it, so you are now added to my msn smile.gif

I will PM you later with the rest, but it is worth mentioning, she is very unreliable when it comes to cars and changes her mind on a virtually daily basis. One minute she wants me to put her cars up for sale so she can get a Prius, the next she has a Bentley and Lambo on order.

I know she is very keen to put more business through Hudsons, so a part ex on a new Gallardo Spyder when it comes in may be the best option. However the 430 Spyder she has on order may be interesting for your dad, depending on when it comes in...

How about an SL65 in January, in a different world performance wise to the 430! 169144-ok.gif

Hi Woppum I will get you on MSN ASAP

Your Mum sounds very much like my Dad just after the latest TOY. We had an AM V8 for about 6 weeks when they first came out at the begining it was the best but after 6 weeks could not wait to see the back of it. I knew this would happen as he has had 2 Vanquishes and the baby Aston is well a BABY. Now he is talking about getting the Vanq S , 430 CS and a Murcielago e gear. But we will see.

Please PM me all the details on both your 430s I will forward to my Dad see if he is intrested he has one coming but might work out better.

The SL 65 I know they are fast and like the turbo they just do it too well. Send me the details anyway and I will forward on you never know.

Regards Vito

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Woppum I will get you on MSN ASAP

Your Mum sounds very much like my Dad just after the latest TOY. We had an AM V8 for about 6 weeks when they first came out at the beginning it was the best but after 6 weeks could not wait to see the back of it. I knew this would happen as he has had 2 Vanquishes and the baby Aston is well a BABY. Now he is talking about getting the Vanq S , 430 CS and a Murcielago e gear. But we will see.

Please PM me all the details on both your 430s I will forward to my Dad see if he is intrested he has one coming but might work out better.

The SL 65 I know they are fast and like the turbo they just do it too well. Send me the details anyway and I will forward on you never know.

Regards Vito

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the SL65 will be going any day now. She got a letter today saying the GTC delivery was imminent. I think she plans to run it alongside the others for a couple of months then choose the 2 she prefers the most... However we have both been invited to test drive the Gallardo spyder tomorrow so if we go, ill do a back to back comparison with the 2.

Vito FYI:

SL65 - £165k paid new, want £90k now

Designo Black.

Designo Blk interior

Cyclops

Every possible option.

620bhp

740lbs

F430 Spyder - £175k new, want £135k now with only 3k miles

Red and Cream with red piping

a £6k Sound system by AutoAudio with Becker Nav

Normal brakes