TSN Northeast/Scotland Mega-Meet - COUNTDOWN

NewNiceMrMe

<font color="blue">A WEEK TO GO...USE THIS THREAD FOR LAST MINUTE INFORMATION, QUESTIONS AND SO ON....</font>

Well Boys and Girls, it's almost here!

The South had a countdown/last minute prep thread and I think we'll be well served in doing similar.

So, any last minute questions just drop them in here and let the countdown begin!

Now seems an appropriate time to tell you all that Milo subjects every car he comes across to a 'palm of the hand smoothness' test. ROLLEY~14.GIF

You have been warned. yelrotflmao.gif

ECLIPSe.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In summary....

We're at 20 cars as things stand right now.

That's 6 down on the original list, but still good going. In fact I'm delighted we've not only got to that figure for our inaugrual 'Main' meet but that we've got a lot of Meet first-timers or newbies coming too. Excellent stuff.

The weather forecast at the moment in reasonable.

20 degrees around lunchtime, with sunshine/partial cloud into the afternoon. There is a risk of rain, but with any luck it'll bugger off and remain offshore.

I'm doing a bit of homework in respect of where we'll head off to after the main venue. We're heading for Ice Cream somewhere, but I haven't decided quite where yet.

I think I might put mine in this week to be body polished to remove marks and scratches, depends if I get the time or not and if the weather holds up for the weekend. If it's going to rain I'm not arsed either Ross G, no-one will notice anyway except Milo in his 'rental'

I haven't had the 6 out all weekend - and it's been sweltering....

Instead it has been given 2 days, yes 2 days, full work.

Interior shampooed, leather cleaned, tyres blacked, wheels waxed, glass polished, shampooed, clayed, shampooed, polished, waxed, sealed.....then all the interior detailed.

Then it was locked up in the garage. It hasn't done a single mile. All fully prepped now!

It'll remain in bed all week.

On saturday i am off work so i am going to do a full shoot on my mondeo and going to try and get the wirl marks off the bonnet as well.

I might have a few Auto Gylm paint prep kits if anyone wants one most of them are full kits (the stuff they use on PDI cars) but most are missing little window stickers .

Christopher.

This time last week the forecast was it was p1ssing down. Today has been the hottest day this year according to my car (31.5°C). Tomorrow will be hot, Tuesday will be hot, Wednesday will be hot..............Sunday will be hot. Trust me wink.gif

Oh god...nooooooooooooooooo!

Just checked the long term forecasts elsewhere for this.

Next weekend is being predicted, pretty much by all sources, as being a very very very rainy one!!!!!!

I've spent 2 days on the car and not used it on the most glorious weekend of the year in preparation!

What a total waste of time!

[ QUOTE ]

Do you know if we're allowed to bring disposable bbq's to use at the picnic site? Personally I'd rather just bring some filled rolls but some people have other ideas..... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

I've checked this for you and I'm afraid BBQ's on the grounds aren't permitted.