TSN Northeast/Scotland Mega-Meet - COUNTDOWN

NewNiceMrMe

[ QUOTE ]

So where are the Cheshire Boys meeting then. Are we heading up the M6 then. We must find a place to wash my car. The normally silver alloys are black. Hasnt been cleaned in 3 weeks plus it has a load of broken plasterboard in the boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we have to be somewhere near Carlisle by 10, so it's probably a 7:30 start from Cheshire... UHOH7.GIF

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<font color="blue">++ DON'T FORGET ++ DON'T FORGET ++ DON'T FORGET ++</font>

A few reminders....

1. Bring your camera - the South managed to get over 150 photo's from their meet and we've got enough people/cars to hit that figure, not to mention a good venue.

2. The Meet Point before we depart for the venue is the SOUTHBOUND SCOTTISH BORDER VIEWPOINT (Note to those coming from the South, we'll have to do a U-Turn just beyond the Northbound layby).

3. RoadAngels & Speed Camera Devices - get em' updated and get em' plugged in. We'll not be going too fast, but there are a good number of Scamera's on sections of the A1 you'll be on - you have been warned.

4. If you get a problem with your car or have to drop back/stop....flash the car in front of you 3 times. That way the whole convoy will hopefully stop and we'll not leave you stranded.

5. For those meeting at Falcons Nest to head North...they stop serving the McMuffins at 10.30am! I'll be there before 10am!

6. Let's be on our behaviour on the grounds of Paxton House...the meet is organised under the name of TSN so we don't want to give the name a bad reputation! We'll be parking on the grass on the main driveway to the front of the house...so plllllllllllease don't spin the turf 500 metres into the distance!!!!

7. Petrol/Diesel...there is a Shell Optimax garage about 1.5 miles South of the Border Viewpoint. It's just over the roundabout into Berwick - but that's not the way we'll be going to the venue. So, if you need fuel...say before we depart and we'll make a detour.

[ QUOTE ]

6. Let's be on our behaviour on the grounds of Paxton House...the meet is organised under the name of TSN so we don't want to give the name a bad reputation! We'll be parking on the grass on the main driveway to the front of the house...so plllllllllllease don't spin the turf 500 metres into the distance!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the man with 330 horses going through his back wheels 169144-ok.gif

Oh and can we forget about these random weather forcasts for the next few days ill accept nothing closer than three days! coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't know they made lead lined slippers MrMe...

... or should I call you Dick Dastardly of Wacky Races fame? sekret.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have you know I have been driving very responsibly lately. Besides, when it's hot I don't like going fast because you get too many insects splattered in the front valance and they're a bugger to get out. Anyway, you can talk, Mr DeafenEveryCarIOvertake. grin.gif

As for the Wacky Racers, well yes we have been tarred with that brush apparently. I want to know who Penelope Pitstop is though...and wheres that Mutley fella?

[ QUOTE ]

Besides, when it's hot I don't like going fast because you get too many insects splattered in the front valance and they're a bugger to get out

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. Came down the A9 on Sunday night..... today's job is to get rid of all the caked on insects from the R32 "grill" cemetary !!! SAUER0421.GIF

<font color="blue">IMPORTANT - CLOSING OF LIST - IMPORTANT - CLOSING OF LIST - IMPORTANT</font>

Okey dokey....

I have to close the list of names. That is, I have to give confirmed numbers to Paxton House - tomorrow.

So, this is advance notification that if you join the list after tomorrow (12 noon), the following will apply.

1 - you'll not be able to park with the rest of us.

2 - the buffet offer will not stand

3 - the free access to grounds and gardens will not stand

4 - you're a peasant and we spit on you as you dwell with the other mortals in the car park

You'll have to pay FULL FEE for access to the grounds/gardens to join us....but your car will remain lonely and unloved with the rabble and won't be in the line up in front of the house.

You've been warned.

[ QUOTE ]

So where are the Cheshire Boys meeting then. Are we heading up the M6 then. We must find a place to wash my car. The normally silver alloys are black. Hasnt been cleaned in 3 weeks plus it has a load of broken plasterboard in the boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Garcon is coming from Wilmslow and I'm joining the M6 from Blackpool. So where do you think we should meet on the M6? There is a big service station just north of Blackpool on the M6. Was it just us three driving north on the M6 or was there somone else, i can't remember. suicide.gif

Guys, it's probably a good idea to provide everyone with a list of peoples mobile numbers so if the convoy does get broken up you can contact each other. We lost a couple of people on our drive and didn't have their numbers to call them and let them know where we were.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, you can talk, Mr DeafenEveryCarIOvertake. grin.gif

As for the Wacky Racers, well yes we have been tarred with that brush apparently. I want to know who Penelope Pitstop is though...and wheres that Mutley fella?

[/ QUOTE ]

The exhaust has it's advantages as people do now get out of the way far more readily when they hear me coming up behind them and the sonic shock must also stun the insects as I don't get nearly as many committing Seppuku on the front of my car.

As for your sidekick Mutley.... Milo? grin.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Guys, it's probably a good idea to provide everyone with a list of peoples mobile numbers so if the convoy does get broken up you can contact each other. We lost a couple of people on our drive and didn't have their numbers to call them and let them know where we were.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM sent MrMe! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Good idea from Daz on the mobiles....

I've had two in already from P_G and Jimdiesel.

So, if the rest of you could PM me a mobile number I'll put them together on a list and hand it out when we all first meet. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

VBH's mobile number is 079............. wink.gif

Vicky, if you're reading this...you're welcome to come. I'll even pay for your buffet.

I know a 6-series isn't your thing, but you can stretch those dainty little legs of yours out in it and fall asleep in the glorious sunlight as we cruise across the Scottish Border. Sounds great eh? C'mon, you know you want to!

Your No.1 Fan. MrMe.

jump.gif

VW have just called and apparently my noisy climate was nothing to worry about - it was just several hundred thingy majigy's short of gas.

So roll on the good weather - I won't have to use MrsRossG's Megane or Dad's Jag if the weather is hot 169144-ok.gif

Still got to sort out my swirls though frown.gif

MrsRossG is also making encouraging noises about attending too grin.gif